• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New-ish member shows their stuff

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Busy month. Wow, well wear & enjoy. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: lucadotti

lucadotti

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Four watches in four weeks? Hahaha

I may have gone a bit overboard... To be fair the Tudor Prince is gen (not sure anyone would expend the energy producing a rep of this lol) and has been in my possession for quite some time.
Ironically, my favorite rep of the bunch is a cheap sea dweller I got off here. The other two have been... problematic.

lokimind

Horology Curious
4/3/21
I may have gone a bit overboard... To be fair the Tudor Prince is gen (not sure anyone would expend the energy producing a rep of this lol) and has been in my possession for quite some time.
Ironically, my favorite rep of the bunch is a cheap sea dweller I got off here. The other two have been... problematic.

Gotcha - what happened with the other two? Problematic from a view-perspective in RL or from a watch functioning perspective?

lucadotti

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Gotcha - what happened with the other two? Problematic from a view-perspective in RL or from a watch functioning perspective?

A bit of both. lol.

The pelagos caseback and rotor fell off after being correctly seated on accident... Additionally, the bracelet is almost useless. One of the links is milled wrong and won't flex due to being over sized. On the other side of the clasp, the link connected doesn't have room to flex due to an incorrect milling process on it. On a big watch this basically doubled the footprint of an already big clasp, so it wears ridiculous.

The 6538 movement was dead on arrival and the hands are faulty in that they touch the dial for around five hours of the day. I have chamfered the edges, though and it looks significantly better. I recently posted pictures of it in vintage watches under a similar thread name. Go check it out. https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...h-member-shows-their-junk-6538-case-reshaping

So yeah, lesson learned. The pelagos and 6538 were bough off reptimeBST, so you have to move and act fast. I think this creates a bit of a debacle for buyers. Similar issues are present here, though. It just so happens the sea dweller is my favorite so far and came from RWI; however, it is not without issue. The date wheel is misaligned quite a bit and the crystal/caseback are not correct.

So it is... lol.