• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to become an active member of the forum?

Abate_Faria

Horology Curious
15/9/20
Hello, I've been following the forum for a long time and a few months ago I created my account. To date I have not made any purchases, because I am one of those people who thinks too much before pulling the trigger. That is why I do not know how I could start to be more active in the forum, if I have never had a rep on my wrist. I have learned a lot by reading what all of you publish, but without a doubt I do not consider myself experienced in the subject. I know the basics, nothing more. I would like to know some tips or ways in which you can participate more actively. Thanks a lot! P.D. Sorry for my English... not my native language.

Reactions: Gds__Ares

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Well i think getting a rep and understanding what kind of watches you like would help. Posting pics of your watch in the wristshots or your thoughts on specific topics placed by others. Questions are good as well as long as it's not "whats the best _____" or "Can you guys see what's wrong in this QC?". I think most importantly is to enjoy yourself, as a long time lurker I'm sure you get it :)

Reactions: Abate_Faria

Gds__Ares

Rolie Glitzer Glitzer
30/3/19
Austria
+1

Buy your first rep , enjoy it , discuss your Order here wigj other members and all will work alone :) then comes your 2nd rep , some time later your first franken project and so on :) ehhehe

Most important : enjoy your stay here .

Welcome to the family

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Well i think getting a rep and understanding what kind of watches you like would help. Posting pics of your watch in the wristshots or your thoughts on specific topics placed by others. Questions are good as well as long as it's not "whats the best _____" or "Can you guys see what's wrong in this QC?". I think most importantly is to enjoy yourself, as a long time lurker I'm sure you get it :)

That's my plan & very good advice.

1st order under way, wrist shots to follow.
Some tools ordered too so the plan is to do some dissection and go from there.
also, while having some alcoholic fizzies, I pulled the trigger on a M2M purchase, and currently tracking that.

But think the only way is to jump in, grab the bull by the horns, pull the purchase trigger and go from there.

From what I've seen the RWI community is very welcoming & helpful, if you avoid the two questions above, they seem like a red rag to a bull and you will get roasted :D:D

Anyway, I joined with the intent of not lurking and to learn from the people on here, so enjoy the hobby.

There are always going to be version 3/4/5 etc, and improvements, otherwise the factories would have no repeat customers, so accept the minor flaws and have some fun.

Stay safe.

Abate_Faria

Horology Curious
15/9/20

Thanks Ivan! I just made my first order so I can start participating a little bit more. I'll try to follow your guidelines and have a good time with this new hobby.

Abate_Faria

Horology Curious
15/9/20
+1

Buy your first rep , enjoy it , discuss your Order here wigj other members and all will work alone :) then comes your 2nd rep , some time later your first franken project and so on :) ehhehe

Most important : enjoy your stay here .

Welcome to the family

Just made my first order. I'm a little nervous about the QC photos and everything in the process, but hope everything will be be ok. Thanks for the replay and the recommendations Ares!

Abate_Faria

Horology Curious
15/9/20
That's my plan & very good advice.

1st order under way, wrist shots to follow.
Some tools ordered too so the plan is to do some dissection and go from there.
also, while having some alcoholic fizzies, I pulled the trigger on a M2M purchase, and currently tracking that.

But think the only way is to jump in, grab the bull by the horns, pull the purchase trigger and go from there.

From what I've seen the RWI community is very welcoming & helpful, if you avoid the two questions above, they seem like a red rag to a bull and you will get roasted :D:D

Anyway, I joined with the intent of not lurking and to learn from the people on here, so enjoy the hobby.

There are always going to be version 3/4/5 etc, and improvements, otherwise the factories would have no repeat customers, so accept the minor flaws and have some fun.

Stay safe.

Thanks for your point of view! I'll start my research in tools now I have placed my first order. I'll avoid those questions and learn more about this new hobby. Thanks again!

Gds__Ares

Rolie Glitzer Glitzer
30/3/19
Austria
Just made my first order. I'm a little nervous about the QC photos and everything in the process, but hope everything will be be ok. Thanks for the replay and the recommendations Ares!

It will be ok :) i've get never faulty qc ... just look at the pics you get closely and don't worry too much , mostly it's dirt or whatelse that you can see :) just relax !

Enjoy my friend