• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lurking for years and finally signed up

gcp42

Horology Curious
27/12/20
Hi all,

As the title states, I’ve been casually observing for the past several years and figured I’d better get in here.

I’ve made many rep purchases in the past and even have been dabbling in builds lately. My main reason for starting down the rep road was initially to ‘try’ a Sub and see if it was for me. This was ages ago and needless to say that thing only ran for about a month, but it served it’s purpose. Once I’d save enough I bought a genuine 16610 and was happy I got to ‘test drive’ that rep before committing.

I’ve currently got several nicer reps of Subs and Omegas, as well as a couple Marina Militares, and probably too many genuines (at least my wife thinks so!). Thought I’d share my latest build. I don’t know specifics on the case, but dial is allegedly a refinished genuine 5513 (had to remove the feet and use dial dots to install), bezel insert has been bleach patina’d, and case, bracelet aged as well. Running DG2813 movement and that thing is pretty darn accurate! Anyway, happy to be here and look forward to some great interaction!
a90f43c08f125a876e994591f8ae1699.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Hi all,

As the title states, I’ve been casually observing for the past several years and figured I’d better get in here.

I’ve made many rep purchases in the past and even have been dabbling in builds lately. My main reason for starting down the rep road was initially to ‘try’ a Sub and see if it was for me. This was ages ago and needless to say that thing only ran for about a month, but it served it’s purpose. Once I’d save enough I bought a genuine 16610 and was happy I got to ‘test drive’ that rep before committing.

I’ve currently got several nicer reps of Subs and Omegas, as well as a couple Marina Militares, and probably too many genuines (at least my wife thinks so!). Thought I’d share my latest build. I don’t know specifics on the case, but dial is allegedly a refinished genuine 5513 (had to remove the feet and use dial dots to install), bezel insert has been bleach patina’d, and case, bracelet aged as well. Running DG2813 movement and that thing is pretty darn accurate! Anyway, happy to be here and look forward to some great interaction!

Hello and Welcome

Nice sub, great picture, love the bezel insert and dial...... Hope to see more from you.

Reactions: gcp42

gcp42

Horology Curious
27/12/20
Hello and Welcome

Nice sub, great picture, love the bezel insert and dial...... Hope to see more from you.

Thank you so much!

Yes, looking forward to putting some more of my ‘work’ out there!

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Hi all,

a90f43c08f125a876e994591f8ae1699.jpg

Looks very nice. Look forward to you sharing more of your builds as the above looks sublime, well wear & welcome to RWI

gcp42

Horology Curious
27/12/20
Looks very nice. Look forward to you sharing more of your builds as the above looks sublime, well wear & welcome to RWI

Thanks so much! Have some projects in the works...

gcp42

Horology Curious
27/12/20
Welcome and enjoy your stay. All the best.

Thank you! So far, so good. Lots of great info here and enjoying the forums, threads

Last edited:

Noobylover

Known Member
28/2/21
Good to have another fellow lurker quit lurking and finally join!!! (I just joined as well LOL I’ve been lurking for a while)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

gcp42

Horology Curious
27/12/20
Good to have another fellow lurker quit lurking and finally join!!! (I just joined as well LOL I’ve been lurking for a while)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Thanks! After all the time I’ve spent poking around I figured I owed it to myself if nothing else. Ha! Looking forward to having some great discussions with this group!