• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SWISS REPLICA MOVEMENT 116710

YACHTMASTERFLEX

Looking Around
20/1/20
Hey There
I bought a 1 to 1 904l steel black gmt 116710 replica last year. It has the chinese clone 3186 movement. Now its dead and watch shop says I need a new movement. Question is do they make swiss clones of this movement? Would a seiko movement work? If so which one? Tudor movement? Or is there something else that is reliable? Thanks

G61

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/1/21
Hey There
I bought a 1 to 1 904l steel black gmt 116710 replica last year. It has the chinese clone 3186 movement. Now its dead and watch shop says I need a new movement. Question is do they make swiss clones of this movement? Would a seiko movement work? If so which one? Tudor movement? Or is there something else that is reliable? Thanks

I don't understand why they make clones that last like a cat on the ring road instead of mounting the Sellita I think you can mount a gmt Sellita SW 330 movement

Reactions: YACHTMASTERFLEX

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
There is no such thing as a Swiss clone 3186. You can buy a genuine Rolex 3186 for give or take 3k, or buy another clone movement and have it installed. I'd expect a longer life out of a movement. Send it to a forum watchsmith, odds are it's repairable and they will be familiar with it and able to fix it correctly.

Reactions: YACHTMASTERFLEX

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Hey There

what maker and movement specifically does it have in it? If it's a noob CHS then it's a custom modified 2836 and somewhat unreliable unfortunately. Your best course would be to buy a 3186 clone from VRF and you'll need a genuine hand set. You then will have a reliable watch.