• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do you say you're wearing a replica?

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
My reps worth less than 4K in the gen version I would lie and tell people they are gen, as it is believable, in my situation.
My reps that are 10K in gen form I would say are reps.'
So to answer the OP, Both.

If I told my friends/family that I spent 10K on a watch I would be hit upside the head.
If I told them it was a rep, I would probably just get an eyeroll.
But not a single person in 4 years has ever asked me, so I stopped worrying about it.

Last edited:

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Supose somebody tell you "WTF! Did you spend 12.500€ in a watch?". What is your answer?

Of course you are poor and driving a Dacia car, not an lambo. xD

Enviado desde mi Mi A3 mediante Tapatalk

So i guess your life is based on what others think? Grow a pair and march to the beat of your own drum...maybe you cant pull off wearing a gen so try not to "show off" your rep and you should be fine. Wear it for your own pleasure not others. My 2 centavos

Reactions: Tucker

petethai

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/20
I have worn real Rolex's daily (Sub and GMT) for over 20 years. Never been asked if my watch it was real or not.

Recently sold both my watches as I got some really good offers and felt it was too much money to walk around with on my wrist.

Then I got the urge to get a real Rolex again (The GMTII Root Beer). Went to my local Rolex AD and was treated like scum. Could not even get on a waiting list and they even told me that they would not even sell it to me, unless I bought another Rolex, which I did not need.

So I thought.... Fxxk them and now I will just get a replica instead. Much cheaper... Don't have to worry about losing it... and I avoid being treated badly by the dealer.

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
I have worn real Rolex's daily (Sub and GMT) for over 20 years. Never been asked if my watch it was real or not.

Recently sold both my watches as I got some really good offers and felt it was too much money to walk around with on my wrist.

Then I got the urge to get a real Rolex again (The GMTII Root Beer). Went to my local Rolex AD and was treated like scum. Could not even get on a waiting list and they even told me that they would not even sell it to me, unless I bought another Rolex, which I did not need.

So I thought.... Fxxk them and now I will just get a replica instead. Much cheaper... Don't have to worry about losing it... and I avoid being treated badly by the dealer.

Hello and :welcome:

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA

They treated you like scum because you sold them for profit and walked in some 20yrs later to buy another and so the same! Btw, Welcome to RWI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk