Wrist sizing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrist sizing

I ordered a 41 Mm ARF Jubilee Flt 904LYG/SS Asia 2824 from TT. Andrew has been great, but my wrist is 18.75cm (7.3in) will it fit out of the box? What do you guys recommend I do if it doesn’t fit ? Looked great and GL’d today. Is this something I can do myself, either adding or subtracting links to make it fit? Thanks guys
    jon

Update: Andrew said it should fit, if it’s a LITTLE big no problem. Maybe shouldn’t have posted in new members, sorry mods.

Comment

If the watch is to big go to a mall with a watch kiosk. It will only take a few minutes. After you see how it is done you can buy a couple tools and do it yourself. Don’t go to a store that sells Gen’s.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

If you can use an eyeglass screwdriver, you should be able to size a Rolex bracelet yourself.
        My wish list:
        Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathanhughes1 View Post
          I ordered a 41 Mm ARF Jubilee Flt 904LYG/SS Asia 2824 from TT. Andrew has been great, but my wrist is 18.75cm (7.3in) will it fit out of the box? What do you guys recommend I do if it doesn’t fit ? Looked great and GL’d today. Is this something I can do myself, either adding or subtracting links to make it fit? Thanks guys
          jon
          It is easy to remove a link, but please make sure the screwdriver fits the link screw slot properly or you will chew up the screw slot. As above Rx4Time says above use a magnifying eyeglass too, this also helps not to mangle screws.

The tools are cheap and then you have what you need for your next bracelet adjustment
          Last edited by scottiedog; 13-10-20, 08:35.

Comment

Yep, in this rep game a set of watchmaker screwdrivers are a must have.... you can find it for 10 or 15 € on Amazon mate nearly every high end watch has screwed links

Comment

Becareful of the quality you buy. You will find out the low-cost screwdrivers are expensive when you strip a screw or push the screwdriver through the palm of your hand.

Comment

Originally posted by tkingjr View Post
                Becareful of the quality you buy. You will find out the low-cost screwdrivers are expensive when you strip a screw or push the screwdriver through the palm of your hand.
                ^^^^THIS^^^^

Please don't buy cheep Amazon drivers. There is no better brand of driver than Horotec and Esslinger will sell you a basic set of those for 22 bucks, add a set of spare blades and postage and it still comes out under 30 bucks or so. Quality tools will last abnd won't wreck your watch. https://www.esslinger.com/horotec-pr...-style-blades/

Add a cheap loupe for under 3 bucks: https://www.esslinger.com/jewelry-lo...-choose-power/ If your eyes are good a 3x will do nicely, the higher the power the smaller the focal length (ie: how far it is from the work wen in focus) so don't go too high.

Throw in a spring bar tool (and spare tip set) and you have everything 90% of folk will ever need. https://www.esslinger.com/horotec-fu...ring-bar-tool/

If you buy Omegas add a pin punch set as well. https://www.esslinger.com/horotec-se...80-and-1-00mm/

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                ************************************************** *************
                hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

If you can use an eyeglass screwdriver, you should be able to size a Rolex bracelet yourself.

Comment

Working...
                  X