• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken ? How do you do that?

Carrot123

Horology Curious
2/8/20
Hello any one can help me out on this ? Do I just approach the TD asking them to help me source gen parts to franken or how does this work ?

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
You buy a rep, then you purchase whichever genuine parts you prefer/need on sites like eBay or Ofrei, and have them installed by someone who works on watches. TDs can't source you gen parts.

For instance, I purchased an Omega Seamaster 2531.80 rep. Then, I purchased a genuine bezel, genuine hand set, genuine dial, and genuine crystal. I build watches myself, so I swapped out the parts on my own and now have a franken Omega Seamaster.

Reactions: Carrot123

Carrot123

Horology Curious
2/8/20
You buy a rep, then you purchase whichever genuine parts you prefer/need on sites like eBay or Ofrei, and have them installed by someone who works on watches. TDs can't source you gen parts.

For instance, I purchased an Omega Seamaster 2531.80 rep. Then, I purchased a genuine bezel, genuine hand set, genuine dial, and genuine crystal. I build watches myself, so I swapped out the parts on my own and now have a franken Omega Seamaster.

Thanks Kush for your help

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
I am looking at datejust 41 arf v3 franken with gen date wheel. I notice in the forum that the date wheel for rep watches are a weak point

Yea, that seems to be the general consensus for this model.
I believe interaktiv sells gen date disc for the Rolex Datejust 41. He could also replace it for you.

Carrot123

Horology Curious
2/8/20
Yea, that seems to be the general consensus for this model.
I believe interaktiv sells gen date disc for the Rolex Datejust 41. He could also replace it for you.

Thanks bro. Do I just get into contact with him ? How does it work. Ship the watch to him ? Haha so sorry for all the questions

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
1. Click this link (https://forum.replica-watch.info/member/105587-interaktiv)
2. Click "private message"
3. write your message with subject and send

Yes, you could ship the watch to interaktiv to do the swap (but you must consider the shipping time / delay, and possible custom risk).
Alternatively, you could buy the gen date disc and have that shipped to you, then you could find a modder in the same country/ area as you are to help you modify the watch.

Reactions: Carrot123

Carrot123

Horology Curious
2/8/20
1. Click this link (https://forum.replica-watch.info/member/105587-interaktiv)
2. Click "private message"
3. write your message with subject and send

Yes, you could ship the watch to interaktiv to do the swap (but you must consider the shipping time / delay, and possible custom risk).
Alternatively, you could buy the gen date disc and have that shipped to you, then you could find a modder in the same country/ area as you are to help you modify the watch.
Thanks Pompom. Appreciate all the info !

James2020

1/6/20
Thanks Pompom. Appreciate all the info !

It’s usually cheaper, faster and safer (eg. Customs, damage/loss during freight) to find a local watchsmith to fix/mod your watch. There’s a subsection in the forum which lists the watchsmiths in a particular country/region.

StanleyKipski

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/8/20
Dallas
I once put a genuine Rolex winding system inside a 3135

Sent from my iPhone using RWI