• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advice on a seadweller 43

bono10

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/3/20
Hi Guys. Looking to buy sd 43 from members or TD.

I had an offer from BK for about 778$ for his sd with Swiss eta mouvmemt. The communication with Bk is great but I wonder if it actually worth it to pay extra 300$ for his mods.

Any educational advice will be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Your call. If you buy one from a dealer, it'll have a Asian clone 2824. It might run for years or crap out immediately and need a service or ETA movement swap. For new members, the ability to get a reliable movement in a package is appealing.

bono10

2/3/20
So actually buying one from a member is actually better?

How about the ones Bk sales? Are they actually have a brand new Swiss eta in them?

Thanks

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17

How about the ones Bk sales? Are they actually have a brand new Swiss eta in them?

Thanks

If they didn’t I don’t think he’d be a TD here, BK sells good watches. You pay a premium for it but it is what it is....

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS

Thanks

BK guarantees a new ETA movement, and no customs in the US. Your call if it's worth the cost difference. It's a good option for newer members who don't know how to navigate through this hobby and those who just want to buy and wear, no issues.

Reactions: APjumbo

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Take a leap of faith and go for BK, its worth it.

bono10

2/3/20
Thank you for all the good info.

Will think about it a bit more and. Decide.

Cheers

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Looks like those fellas are giving some pretty good advice. I've taken a lot of good advice from this forum and it has always worked out well.
I can only add that if you spend the extra, and later decide a SD43 isn't for you, I imagine you won't take much of a loss on a BK ETA SD43. Rolex is a pretty popular choice.

Reactions: XpanzerX

Mr Brooks Lex

30/6/20
Hi guys, did anyone end up purchasing an SD43 from BK? I am in the process of doing so myself right now, with all his mods and also seeing if he can fit a prof xtal for it at the same time. That should be (although a $1k watch), a very nice, and reliable, piece at the end of it all. Working out the costs etc, its pricier but not by a huge amount but interested to hear thoughts!