• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I need pro support / advice

Azrail

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/9/19
Is it possible to see if this is a VS-Factory watch ?
Thank You

velarwatch2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
30/3/20
I checked it carefully and make sure it was the thing of VS factory

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Go to the Omega section and read up on the tells of that model then compare to yours.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
It looks like it, why?

if you asked any of the TD of the forum they would usually be clear about the model, but most of all, aren't you sure about what you are buying?

Reactions: Azrail

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Yes, it is VSF watch.

Reactions: Azrail

Azrail

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/9/19
Yes, it is VSF watch.

Sir, due to I am learning, are you willing to tell me what the tells are. On what you can see it´s a vsf? If you don´t want to make it public, please pm me.

Thank you very much.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Black balance wheel ?

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Azrail in my opinion there are 3 tells, besides the movement. Movement is very close looking though. The CG is a very little bit smaller than the Gen. The crown is a little bit long as Gen as well and this makes the CG look quite a bit smaller. The two thin sliver lines on the SEL are wrong and not similar to the rest of the bracelet. Then, some of these reps have the SEL
sitting very low. Not all of them, but a lot. This to me is the biggest problem. But thats a personal issue.

Azrail

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/9/19
Azrail in my opinion there are 3 tells, besides the movement. Movement is very close looking though. The CG is a very little bit smaller than the Gen. The crown is a little bit long as Gen as well and this makes the CG look quite a bit smaller. The two thin sliver lines on the SEL are wrong and not similar to the rest of the bracelet. Then, some of these reps have the SEL
sitting very low. Not all of them, but a lot. This to me is the biggest problem. But thats a personal issue.

Unfortunately I have no original to compare. My question actually related more to the VSF tells compared to the other factories. I know that there are big differences in the bezels and the lettering on them. But I'm looking for more tells like also with the dials or the movement. To assign the clock to a factory with a high probability.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
O sh$t, ignore my previous post please. I was reffering to a totally different watch. My bad

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Sir, due to I am learning, are you willing to tell me what the tells are. On what you can see it´s a vsf? If you don´t want to make it public, please pm me.

Thank you very much.

Black balance wheel is good idea, but there are more.

There is a cerain number of movements being used in reps. 2824, 2836, DG, miyota 8215 and 9015, and VSF clone.
Between those movements you can see differences in;
- colour of balance wheel,
- size of the balance,
- position of the balance,
- number of balance cocks,
- position/number of balance studs.
None of them is correct for gen and VSF is pretty unique.

Other thing is serial number, VSF randomises them but still they like to use the certain ranges of the serial numbers.

Reactions: Tribefan and Azrail