• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC pictures - what to look out for

samue1 777

Horology Curious
18/12/19
Hi all,

Is there anyone out there that can provide some quick pointers on what to look out for when receiving QC pics.

Common flaws to watch for, etc...

Cheers,

Samuel

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Countess Koscowicz

1/1/20
UK
Qc pics are for you, take a look at the threads regarding qc. If there is a specific flaw you are concerned about by all means post and ask for a second opinion, but it is up to you to research the specific rep you are interested in and determine if the watch is acceptable for you. Every rep has flaws and we cannot decide which you are willing to live with or look to mod.

Every rep has pros and cons, some are easier to mod than others. Some are better out the box. Some are worse out the box but easier to mod close to gen. if you know the watch your after read as much as you can and you’ll know what to look for and the rest is up to you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tucker

Solution6

Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Gold Patron
Certified
14/8/19
London, UK
Hi all,

Is there anyone out there that can provide some quick pointers on what to look out for when receiving QC pics.

Cheers,

Samuel

Another good thing to look out for is the movement's health. TDs usually will send you a photo of the watch on a timegrapher - this will give you a chance to look at accuracy, amplitude and beat error. (have a look online at how to read these) This gives you an idea of what to expect from that movement.

A thing to keep in mind is that pretty much all Chinese movements would need a bit of a service as they come underoiled/overoiled or just dirty, but that's another story :)

Solution6

Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Gold Patron
Certified
14/8/19
London, UK
Just to give you an idea of what difference a good clean and oil makes on a dirty movement from the factory.

Reactions: samue1 777

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Hi all,

Cheers,

Samuel

1. You’re checking the watch is the correct model you ordered.

2. You’re checking the watch has no obvious defects.

QC isn’t about nit picking the differences to a gen model or “common flaws” as they are just that, “common” to that factory version. although lots here treat qc in this way and drive TDs mad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
1. You’re checking the watch is the correct model you ordered.

2. You’re checking the watch has no obvious defects.

QC isn’t about nit picking the differences to a gen model or “common flaws” as they are just that, “common” to that factory version. although lots here treat qc in this way and drive TDs mad.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lidori

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/18
We can ask to get a video from timegrapher and not pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: samue1 777