• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fell in love with watches. ...

The1stWright

Known Member
2/1/20
Hello All!

I've recently fell in love with watches and I figure this is a good place to start as my dream watch (Rolex Submariner) is something I really want to acquire.

I have many questions such as frankenwatch's and things like that.

Also I've heard about ARF and Noob but I have no idea where to buy.

Fays

Looking Around
24/12/19
Well in my opinion the best version of submariner 116610LN is ZZF V2. It cost around 450-500$. Basically pick one of trusted dealers and message them about the watch.

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I've been reading all day like crazy.

I really want to do a franken Submariner now.

Welcome mate. Do yourself a favor, before you spend a fortune just buy a normal everyday sub first. You will be shocked just how close to the real deal it is. You can always have it modded later of you ain't happy. If you must go a little better consider a BK Mariner.

Reactions: The1stWright

The1stWright

Known Member
2/1/20
Welcome mate. Do yourself a favor, before you spend a fortune just buy a normal everyday sub first. You will be shocked just how close to the real deal it is. You can always have it modded later of you ain't happy. If you must go a little better consider a BK Mariner.

That’s my plan. Been debating between a Noob v10 or ZZF.

i’m planning to source parts slowly but surely.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

I would 2nd that opinion...

I would also add to that & say this. Let's say you are thinking right now that you are thinking you would spend a total of $1500 on a really nice franken sub. Rather than do that right out of the gate I would spend $500 on an out of the box sub and the other $1000 on 2 or 3 different watches.

Here is my thinking:
When I was new I thought I knew exactly what I wanted too, but it turns out I didn't. I have bought & sold a lot of watches giving me a chance to form an opinion of what I like. If you do a little research & buy on m2m or even if you buy brand new from a TD you can buy and sell for almost nothing & get an idea if what you really like/ want.

This hobby can get very expensive. If you go the Franken route right away & you decide you like something else it will be MUCH more difficult to sell without taking a substantial loss.

My 2 cents

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
The1stWright It's good that you know what you like. Obviously a watch that's a 3135 compatible starting point will be the best for future Frankening - if you're sure you want to go the SubC route.

The1stWright

Known Member
2/1/20
I would 2nd that opinion...

I would also add to that & say this. Let's say you are thinking right now that you are thinking you would spend a total of $1500 on a really nice franken sub. Rather than do that right out of the gate I would spend $500 on an out of the box sub and the other $1000 on 2 or 3 different watches.

Here is my thinking:
When I was new I thought I knew exactly what I wanted too, but it turns out I didn't. I have bought & sold a lot of watches giving me a chance to form an opinion of what I like. If you do a little research & buy on m2m or even if you buy brand new from a TD you can buy and sell for almost nothing & get an idea if what you really like/ want.

This hobby can get very expensive. If you go the Franken route right away & you decide you like something else it will be MUCH more difficult to sell without taking a substantial loss.

My 2 cents

That's true thank you for the advice.

Lidori

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/18
Definitely Datejust 41 grey dial jubilee.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI