• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noobi

magiclerlin

Horology Curious
18/10/19
Hi All, just joined several weeks back. Its quite addictive!
Any how about 7 weeks ago was in Shenzhen for 36hr for work. I had a few hours at Lohu and decided to go to the commercial centre been before to get kids some stuff. Used to the hussle and the no no no's.
Decided to see what watches they had and saw 3 GMT batman's different quality. I chose the highest quality one def. At this stage didn't know about noobs what to really look for etc.
Was offered $140 but walked out and seller asked what was my best price I said $30 and agreed $40 in the end.
Strap was adjusted and I took note of the shop. I will revisit in 2 months time again and may have a little longer.
Unlikely to visit the Guangdong so won't be able to see noobs.
So a few weeks back signed up here and been reading this forum and search about what to look for, TD etc booked marked lots of useful info. So my next visit I will try and get something maybe better although I may fail but happy to not spend too much before I dive into a noob.
So I have GMT. After reading here and seeing what I bought it looks like maybe a A quality. The time is accurate, bracket is a little sharp compared to my dad's original sub. Feels OK. But what do I know! The bezel show signs of chipping under the 12.
So this is the start of my journey!
baa073be0ee06b6beb570beb02040732.jpg
d6fa08d5560cf71c65a9e7815b21ebf3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Welcome aboard!

Yeah, your Batman isn’t the best...but, hells for $40 I think you did ok.

faithfulexecutioner

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/19
Might be a long shot question, but does the gmt function work ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magiclerlin

Horology Curious
18/10/19
Might be a long shot question, but does the gmt function work ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes works perfectly. Watched a u tube clip on how to setup and works. If the bezel was better I would ok. But I give it another month and it will begin chipping more at the sides.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

BluuDuu

MULTI ACCOUNT
11/2/19
Welcome!

For something like that? 40$ I'd say that's a deal! Looks good honestly..for what you paid for it! Wear it in good health.