• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pure time not accepting MasterCard

Jasonp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/19
Hi all,,,
just been trying to purchase a piece from pure time but every time I put card details in and confirm ,,I get a message saying try other payment methods,,,don’t use bit coin,,
any advice much appreciated,,
thanks for reading ,, jay

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
I would suggest its not an issue at Puretime but rather than with your card trying to protect you as the purchase is in China. Contact your card provider stating you have tried to make a purchase online (you don't have to give details about a fake watch - say its a sports watch) and they should either process the payment or lift the restriction.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Also beware, you will get a few fraudulent transactions, once you approve payment. Maybe even if you dont. Not by TD, but somebody else, current thinking is it is the fault of the CC processors.

It is a stupid idea to pay by CC

Jasonp

30/10/19
Thanks for the reply’s,,
much appreciated,,,
I have had contact from PT and I will await further instructions,,
thanks again

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Also beware, you will get a few fraudulent transactions, once you approve payment. Maybe even if you dont. Not by TD, but somebody else, current thinking is it is the fault of the CC processors.

It is a stupid idea to pay by CC

That's a very misleading statement citing that you will get a few fraudulent transactions. In my own experience once the bank has been notified of your purchase, every time you make a purchase again in the future you can ask your bank to automatically send a text to your phone checking confirmation that you are the one making the payment.

Jasonp

30/10/19
Thanks so very much for the advice and warm welcome,,
,,,jay

Last edited:

Jasonp

30/10/19
Just spoke to Nat West /MasterCard explained I was purchasing a sports watch from PT and unfortunately they would not allow a payment to this company,,,
I will hold off and hopefully receive a reply from my WTB post in the for sales forum,,,,
Thanks again for the warm welcome and advice,,,jay

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
Just spoke to Nat West /MasterCard explained I was purchasing a sports watch from PT and unfortunately they would not allow a payment to this company,,,
I will hold off and hopefully receive a reply from my WTB post in the for sales forum,,,,
Thanks again for the warm welcome and advice,,,jay

Just curious, did the bank state why they would not allow the transaction? I can only assume they have knowledge of fraudulent transactions thought that payment processing company? Meaning card hacking.

Jasonp

30/10/19
Yes,,, with no offence to PT,,,,Nat west said because of so many fraudulent payments around this company ,, so no way will MasterCard allow any payments,,,,Jay

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
That's a very misleading statement citing that you will get a few fraudulent transactions. In my own experience once the bank has been notified of your purchase, every time you make a purchase again in the future you can ask your bank to automatically send a text to your phone checking confirmation that you are the one making the payment.

Unfortunately not true with US cards. I know some European, Asian and Indian cards ask for pin code for every purchase - be it 25c! The American cards approve $25k payment, if the vendor submits the info printed on the card. Not even swiped. With or without signature. They just approve on the premise "if shit happens, we will figure it out when it happens".

Knowing this, crooks misuse. We have heard of quite a few cases of misuse on this this forum.

Jasonp

30/10/19
I have now gone the route of contacting TD on the forum,,,,
I also received a message from PT and explained what MasterCard had said,,,,
I don’t think my bank had a “ down” on PT just the large amount of fraudulent payments etc around PT,,,,
I will wait patiently for my reply’s from TD,,,
Thanks again for the support ,,,,,JP

Remborader

Known Member
2/11/19
UK
Has anyone ever used a pre-loaded mastercard eg.travelex or fairfax mastercard to pay?

Pre-load the CC with 15% more than the watch cost to cover gateway/exchange fees, once paid whatever is left (if anything) withdraw. Scammers cannot taken out what's not there....or am i missing something?

Only downside I can see is you will be charge a commission for the exchange.

maxik78

Horology Curious
13/11/19
I had the same problem. I tried multiple cards. Contacted my bank they told me that they don't see any problems and restrictions with this payment....it just doesn't go through. So they can do nothing about it. PT told me to contact the bank. I end up paying through bitcoin and even saved some money.