• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Confused newbie :P

Rionemonti

Horology Curious
23/10/19
I'm so confused right now :p New to all this.

Can anyone answer some quick questions?

-Shipping: how safe is it to have a rep shipped??

-Which dealers are best for IWC reps from ZF?

Thaaaanks! :D

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Safe? It’s relatively safe depending on the country. Some countries have strict law and some don’t. Some package carriers are good and some don’t. If you buy from trusted dealers, you are most likely fine because it’s “insured”.

Which dealers? They all get from the same source (ZF factory). It’s about who you like the most dealing with.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
The TD is just the middle man that gets you your piece from the manufacturer, so other than your buying experience, there is no difference who you get to source your IWC from ZF. So are you asking who is best to work with? If they are a TD then they should all be fine to work with.

Rionemonti

Horology Curious
23/10/19
Thanks for that! I'm in Hong Kong, so should be relatively easy

I've only ever bought a rep at a shop in China so I don't know who to strike up a relationship with. I've trawled the Trusted Dealers section on this website. How does one make that decision?!

alfonzo

25/7/19
If you are in Hong Kong then the wold is your oyster! You have you pick of everything!

There are plenty of resources here in this forum in the way of images, video and painstaking written detail. Take the forum with you when you go shopping and ask and compare to the truth here and you will get exactly what you want.

ETA: Once you find the shop that has the good stuff they are your TD.

Last edited:

Rionemonti

Horology Curious
23/10/19
Thanks! The problem in Hong Kong is knowing who to buy from. There's myriad people selling fakes in TST.

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYONE GOOD? :D

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Thanks for that! I'm in Hong Kong, so should be relatively easy

I've only ever bought a rep at a shop in China so I don't know who to strike up a relationship with. I've trawled the Trusted Dealers section on this website. How does one make that decision?!

When I made my first buy, I sent emails to a few TDs and ask if they could get me the watch I wanted. This was just to see how fast they responded and how patient they were with me. That was how I decided who to buy from.