• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buy replica watches via PayPal ?

Summi99

Horology Curious
2/6/19
Hello everyone. This is my first post. I am planning to buy the OM25391 - Planet Ocean GMT 45.5mm VSF 1:1 Best Ceramic RU A8906 Super Clone
It’s available from tswatch and also InTime

I do not see an option to pay via PayPal or visa.
I don’t have a master card. Also paying via bitcoin sounds risky to me.
Any help for first time buyers here ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: StarshipAthena

jkingiii

Gold Patron
Certified
15/10/19
Texas
I too am new to this and looking to make first rep purchase in a day or so but a couple of the TD's don't offer a payment method I like. I looked into money transfer via transferwise but it is bank to bank and I want to use my CC or PP account. Puretime does take CC so I will probably try them for my 1st purchase.

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
What does it make risky? So you can charge back your paypal if you are not satisfied with the watch or buyer’s remorse situation?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Raddave

jkingiii

Gold Patron
Certified
15/10/19
Texas
I know what I'm getting into and fully aware. Want protection on receiving rep, if I approve QC I own it. I'm prepared to mod and improve anyway.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Dealers will. Ot take PayPal from new unestabliahed members 99.99% of the time

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Dealers will. Ot take PayPal from new unestabliahed members 99.99% of the time

Sent from my Noob v9.5

How about if he asks really nicely with sad puppy dog eyes?

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Forget Paypal. They've been scammed too many times by accepting it from members. Transferwise is great, what's the problem with a bank to bank service? It's quick. Just to be able to chargeback if something goes wrong? Well, we have our trusted dealers here. They will deliver. You will not be scammed. A chargeback will only result in a very very bad situation for you. Check the Brig, it's full of them, so you don't need the kind of protection a cc would give you. You can't use it anyway, and you'll never have a reason to do it. Again, the dealers are trusted.

Reactions: U-Just-Watch

Summi99

Horology Curious
2/6/19
What does it make risky? So you can charge back your paypal if you are not satisfied with the watch or buyer’s remorse situation?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Not really. What if I don’t ever get the product or if it gets stuck with customs. I am not trying to rip someone off but at the same time don’t want to risk sending someone money just like that.
Hope it makes sense. I chatted with InTime support and they don’t accept PayPal because my profile does not have enough positive feedback

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
Not really. What if I don’t ever get the product or if it gets stuck with customs. I am not trying to rip someone off but at the same time don’t want to risk sending someone money just like that.
Hope it makes sense. I chatted with InTime support and they don’t accept PayPal because my profile does not have enough positive feedback

As Dynaduck just said. This forum IS your protection. If you are buying from a Trusted dealer I ASSURE you that you will get what is advertised, they are trusted for a reason. Thousands before you have ordered through TDs and never had an issue, thousands after you will do the same, flawlessly. The only reason you would need what you are saying is if you PLAN on doing a chargeback. TDs literally send you another watch if there is an issue with customs so that point is moot. You will receive your watch.

Reactions: Streetiq

Summi99

Horology Curious
2/6/19
As Dynaduck just said. This forum IS your protection. If you are buying from a Trusted dealer I ASSURE you that you will get what is advertised, they are trusted for a reason. Thousands before you have ordered through TDs and never had an issue, thousands after you will do the same, flawlessly. The only reason you would need what you are saying is if you PLAN on doing a chargeback. TDs literally send you another watch if there is an issue with customs so that point is moot. You will receive your watch.

Thank you for the reply. So you are saying I should purchase from any of these websites or contact a TD member here directly and make a payment in the form accepts ?

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
Thank you for the reply. So you are saying I should purchase from any of these websites or contact a TD member here directly and make a payment in the form accepts ?

Go to the trusted dealers section, visit their websites and see what they have available. Find the watch you want, what brand, model, factory, version. I recommend doing your homework before you choose. Then you can PM them directly if you wish and ask if that particular watch is indeed available, sometimes they are no longer available. Then you pay and wait patiently for your timepiece to arrive.

Reactions: Summi99

Mike r

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/2/19
Hello everyone. This is my first post. I am planning to buy the OM25391 - Planet Ocean GMT 45.5mm VSF 1:1 Best Ceramic RU A8906 Super Clone
It’s available from tswatch and also InTime

I do not see an option to pay via PayPal or visa.
I don’t have a master card. Also paying via bitcoin sounds risky to me.
Any help for first time buyers here ?

You can also download the WesternUnion app and pay that way, very easy and most dealers except that too

jkingiii

Gold Patron
Certified
15/10/19
Texas
Confidence from senior members and those that have made numerous purchases does put me at ease on receiving rep, I'm sure issues may arise time to time but how the TD handles them reflects on their status here. I have great feedback and long history on PP, I want to use my CC for the purchase so I can pay it out over a couple months, 0% so doesn't hurt me. May buy more than one and if quality is better than I expect want to build a decent collection, I have seen horrible rep's people paid way too much for. Who knows where they got them and most likely not from any of the TD's here. Long story short (that ship has sailed) I'm more interested in my finance convenience, not going after a TD for something stupid, I have realistic expectations for what I'm looking at and the ability to make necessary mods and upgrades.

jkingiii

Gold Patron
Certified
15/10/19
Texas
I'm going with PT as they accept CC and have several reps I like. Going to PM Angus shortly and start the process.