• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Safely buying my first rep, advice appreciated

Giles692

Looking Around
14/10/19
I told myself I wouldn't do this but I've been lurking for a while and I've fallen rather in love with a rather nice SA4130 ice blue Daytona, specifically this Daytona: https://www.intime05.co/rollie/5961...tion-ice-blue-dial-on-ss-bracelet-sa4130.html

I've done my research but still have 2 questions, firstly, this rep says it uses 904L steel for the case. Can this be true? - I've read that because 904L is so expensive it's not used in reps.

Secondly, I've been scammed by 'trusted' people before so I'm wondering how I can buy the watch safely (or as safely as possible). I understand that dealers avoid paypal because of scum doing charge backs but I don't really want to use my CC and don't really trust BTC. I know I might be stuck here but any advice would be great.

Thanks!

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Well in this rep hobby, it can be very unfortunate for some people due to the nature of the business. However, you just have to trust what is advertised, said or promised. Also, this rep game can be expensive and frustrating. There are hidden fees and so-so customer service due to different timezone, different business culture, lack of staffing and language barrier.

To answer your questions: you’ll just have to believe that it is 904L until you can find an ironsmith who can verify the metal. As for BTC, it is part of the business so you will need to learn how to do a BTC transaction. If no, then you will have to find a different TD that will let you to use your preferred payment method.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Giles692

Looking Around
14/10/19
Thanks for the advice, I've used BTC back in the day so it shouldn't be too difficult to get back into it.

Any general advice or tips that may not be too obvious to a newb like me?

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Thanks for the advice, I've used BTC back in the day so it shouldn't be too difficult to get back into it.

Any general advice or tips that may not be too obvious to a newb like me?

You will need a lot of patience and understanding that you may lose money unnecessarily from the black market. Also, there is no perfect replicas.

Last edited:

RL1924

Certified
28/9/19
I have been doing alot of research my self being a total newbie to reps. I recently pulled the trigger with puretime. I paid with a cc figuring I can always dispute charges if I got double billed, or claim payment wasn't sent. So far everything has gone very smooth. Emails responded everyday and qc pics within 4 days. It seems the first purchase is the hardest but just dive on in after a bunch of research that is.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rionemonti

Horology Curious
23/10/19
I've used Asian7750 for my first rep purchases and paid with Western Union. So far, so good

BluuDuu

MULTI ACCOUNT
11/2/19
Hello and welcome!

Best advise is just to be patient. It will take time to work out any issues you may have and will also take time for you to receive the watch/watches. Also be sure to do your homework on what factory you should get your watch from.

Jasonp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/19
I have ordered my first watch with TD =marvellousreplica,,
Everything been great so far ,,just awaiting arrival in the next ten days or so, tracking provided, payment from the U.K. was a breeze,,,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gh0stVintage

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/11/19
On the Mariana's Web
I have ordered my first watch with TD =marvellousreplica,,
Everything been great so far ,,just awaiting arrival in the next ten days or so, tracking provided, payment from the U.K. was a breeze,,,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Show us the watch when it arrives !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

options

Known Member
30/7/19
EU USA PQ
I have been doing alot of research my self being a total newbie to reps. I recently pulled the trigger with puretime. I paid with a cc figuring I can always dispute charges if I got double billed, or claim payment wasn't sent. So far everything has gone very smooth. Emails responded everyday and qc pics within 4 days. It seems the first purchase is the hardest but just dive on in after a bunch of research that is.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

How do you navigate QC? Do they always allow this?

Sent from the RWI App

repboy19

Known Member
9/6/19
USA
Check their account for how long they’ve been on the forums, look at posts, search their name!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk