• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Virgin rep purchase

iandd

Known Member
24/9/19
Hi everyone,

Having greatly benefited from the multiple guides and wealth of knowledge among members, Ive made my first rep purchase from Puretime.

5711 PPF 324CS blue
116500 Noob SA4130 V3 white
116610LV ARF SA3135

Keen to see how the QCs turn out.
Would greatly appreciate your advice and opinions along the way.

iandd

Known Member
24/9/19
Thank you very much, this is a very useful article.

Could I please ask if it's truly necessary to service rep watches on recieving them? (Especially the above movements).

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Thank you very much, this is a very useful article.

Could I please ask if it's truly necessary to service rep watches on recieving them? (Especially the above movements).

well that depends on how long you plan to keep them , alot of these come dry , and they will run fine for quite a while , but without lube , lots of wear will occur

iandd

Known Member
24/9/19
well that depends on how long you plan to keep them , alot of these come dry , and they will run fine for quite a while , but without lube , lots of wear will occur

Thanks for the reply Dave, I guess that answers the question then.
Id like to use them for as long as possible and minimise damage to the clone movements since they are more expensive to service and have parts replaced.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Congratulations on popping your cherry.

pokerbotme

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/2/19

really? is there a way to tell if they are dry? I'd like to preserve it to last a awhile

iandd

Known Member
24/9/19
Hi guys,

I have a specific query with regards to my QC for the 5711 PPF. Could I please ask about whether the 12 o' clock markers are mal-aligned. The marker on the right looks lower.
Everything else is otherwise fine to me.