• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DHL to USA

Watchguy0702

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/19
I just purchased a PP 5711 and its on its way to the U.S. direct from china. Now its only one watch and its my first time ordering anything from china to my address. Should I be worried about the customs or is it really just pure chance that they snatch it? Oh Im also using DHL. The dealer I ordered from said it was the best and safest way to get to my address. Thoughts?

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
It should get through fine as long as its not declared as an expensive watch with a high value as that is when Customs want their share of custom charges.

Watchguy0702

23/8/19
How will I know if it was declared as an expensive watch? I paid around 280 for it, with a miyota movement. Is that considered expensive? And if it is, will they just tax me or will they seize it?

beau7816

Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Trusted Dealers will send the item as a gift or toy and have a value less than $50 (and we should all do the same). If you ordered from a TD, don't worry.

Watchguy0702

23/8/19
Well I bought it from a non-TD, named Sally, and the email [email protected]. Have you heard of this seller? So far has been very helpful and got it shipped in 6 days. But regardless, is it common knowledge to send it as a gift among the Rep world, or is there really kn way to know until it gets here?
Thank you for your help so far.

beau7816

Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Normally items are shipped as a gift or sports watch with a low value. Where you can come unstuck is if the buyer wants it shipped fully insured and the cost is on the buyer (all the cost) including shipping and taxes. It's a risk game we are in but customs are more interested in drugs.

Reactions: Watchguy0702

Watchguy0702

23/8/19
Update:
my package has finally been picked up by DHL, but I’m worried about what it was labeled. It was labeled a time instrument. Is that going to cause any issues with customs, or since it’s a small package I should be less worried? Please let me know

beau7816

Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
If its tracked you can usually see if it has been stopped by Customs.

Rockinmakicks

Known Member
17/6/19
I have 8 rep now and they all clear customs, Don't worry US has more problems than opening mail from HK or China. Once it get to customs it only take less than 24 hrs to get to me. Cheers!

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
Update:
my package has finally been picked up by DHL, but I’m worried about what it was labeled. It was labeled a time instrument. Is that going to cause any issues with customs, or since it’s a small package I should be less worried? Please let me know

I wouldn’t worry about it as long as the declared value is low. I’ve got 10 reps shipped in the past few months, several of which were literally labeled “mechanical watch” but declared value was $25 and no issues.

Sent from the RWI App

Watchguy0702

23/8/19
Final update:
sorry for the wait but everything arrived perfectly with no issues. The patek is beautiful and hopefully will be ordering an AP next

Reactions: tonyswilly