Announcement

Collapse

IMAGE SHARING IMPROVEMENT

Use ClickPix.org , an easy way to share your images !
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
See more
See less

[QC] Is this 9 o'clock marker crooked? Rolex Daytona 116500 Noob v2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QC] Is this 9 o'clock marker crooked? Rolex Daytona 116500 Noob v2

I read through the QC thread so I hope this ok... Is the 9 o'clock marker off kilter? It seems fairly noticeable when looking at the macro shots but I can't tell if it would be noticeable in person or not. Would this be a RL?

upload image

You have to decide for yourself. What is a show stopper for some people might not be a problem to others at all.

Comment

Normally if you’re not happy with the product it should go back, but how long would you have to wait for a new one if you reject it now?

Perhaps you could pick it up like this and get an aftermarket dial - sounds like an adventure but that’s what makes it fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      In an open relationship with my Moonwatch.

Comment

you will not see it irl, dw, if it really bothers you, you should go to a watchsmith and make him fix it in a couple minutes

Comment

It looks perfect, accept it.

Btw what do the clasp, the caseback and the case sides have to do with your question about the crooked marker?
          How did the cat get so fat?

Comment

Do your eyes deceive you, now look at the 3 o'clock marker.

Comment

Originally posted by beau7816 View Post
              Do your eyes deceive you, now look at the 3 o'clock marker.
              Not sure what you mean. Is the 3 o'clock also crooked? If so, I think that'll be fine considering I didn't notice.
              Last edited by dacrazydude; 23-08-19, 02:54.

Comment

Originally posted by mari115 View Post
                you will not see it irl, dw, if it really bothers you, you should go to a watchsmith and make him fix it in a couple minutes
                I'd do the same. Not uncommon for the next rep to be worse. Playing the waiting game sucks as we're all like addicted kids

Comment

Iike above said, it’s not crazily noticeable irl... but what I know that is even in gen, sometimes, and most of the times the dials on Daytona doesn’t really align as much as the regular models or sports model... I’d give this a go... and yes like above said, the waiting game sucks!!! I would take it and save some bucks for mod... that’d make more sense???

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

Originally posted by domiffm View Post
                    It looks perfect, accept it.

Btw what do the clasp, the caseback and the case sides have to do with your question about the crooked marker?
                    That was a mistake, I was using the same imgbb for multiple posts.
                    Last edited by dacrazydude; 23-08-19, 02:59.

Comment

Sorry this is a noob question but what would the ballpark cost of this be? I'll look for some recommended watchrepair folks and see if any are local.

Comment

Any idea what that would cost?

Comment

well idk it's an easy job, 20 bucks?

Comment

well idk it's an easy job, 20 bucks?
                            Thanks, I'll get it for now and play with it later.

Appreciate the advice.

Comment

Working...
                            X