• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Small wrist syndrome!

creative_vision

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/19
Hey all!

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm not very well endowed when it comes to wrist size!

Over the years, tried many of my favourite gen watches on and disappointed as they look too large on my wrist. What makes it worse, is that I personally like chronographs and the 'AP' style of having bolts/screws around the case, most of which are very chunky watches.

Tried a gen Hublot Fusion 42mm and fitted perfectly.

Which confused me a little ... as previously only 38mm / 39mm looked correctly fitting on me.

I suppose the side to side measure isn't all that matters, obviously the lugs, the bracelet style and crown all make a difference.

Any other more experienced users in the same boat? What watches do you go for?

Ps. please don't send me links for 'wrist enlarger' supplements LOL ... although I love the AP Royal Oak so much, that I might even be stupid enough to try!

Last edited:

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
I'm on the same boat as you! 6 1/2 inches wrist :(
So far, I had DD 40 and DJ 36 and they all fitted me very well.
Now I'm on the hunt for JLC ultra thin moon.

atespo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/11/06
USA
My wrist is 6.75" and I will wear any size watch, the sweet spot for me is 44mm and I'm not afraid to rock 47mm Panerai models - in fact I have a Panerai 979 in route right now and I wore my 372 yesterday! I actually won't wear anything smaller than 40mm, Its all personal preference which is the beauty of this hobby, you can wear whatever you are comfortable with, if you're more comfortable with 40mm watches, then stick to them, but IMO a big watch on a small wrist does NOT look weird, again that is my opinion.

moopsy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/19
Welcome to RWI! I’m pretty new here as well.

Not exactly sure how big your wrist is, but if you’re saying 38/39 looks good on you... think generally the sport watches/tool watches with thick bezels you may be able to go up to 42.

I’d suggest a Tudor black bay 58, or Submariner amongst the sportier reps, they’re solidly in that 40 range. Any vintage Rolex, Tudor (or most vintage watches generally) are usually going to be in the 36-40 range that fits your wrist well also.

Out of the dressier watches, I second the mention of the Jaeger Mater Ultra Thin Moon Phase... I recently picked one up and I love it. The ZF version is nicest in my opinion for the silver dial. The GF version is very nice also. I’d shy away from IWC, as they look like flying saucers in my 6.875 wrist. Hope this is helpful, and enjoy the community!