• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of dealing with Toro

PLJ

Horology Curious
20/6/19
Experience with Toro

An easy to use web site with decent pictures of the different factory versions of the same watch so they can be easily compared.

He quickly answers questions bearing in mind that he’s in a different time zone.

This is not necessarily a shop but more of a middle man who has ready access to the various factories. It is worth emailing before purchasing as one of my choices even though it said available was not when I checked.

Day 1 Payment was an issue as my bank wouldn’t authorise the Credit Card payment, but Western Union was easy enough and you are notified once the funds are collected at the other end. I guess Western Union is a bit of a leap of faith for new people like myself.

Day 2 The money was collected and watch was then ordered from the factory for him to QC and send pics so that they can be compared to the online pics.

Day 3 Two days after paying high res pictures of the actual watch were sent for me to ok. The pictures were high res, a lot better than the website ones and the watch looked better quality than the one on the website. Agreed it was ok.

Day 5 informed delivery would be 5-7 days

Day 6 tracking number supplied

Day 10 Delivered. No Import charges to pay unlike genuine Speedmaster I bought from Japan! Watch was way better than on web site. I had reservation about the clasp but it looked great when it arrived. Works fine and is +6 secs a day which is way better than my Genuine Datejust which gains non stop and my wife’s Genuine Datejust which constantly looses time.

For a first time experience this was totally painless and will certainly use them again in the future.

Reactions: Tompa

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
PLJ Excellent write up. This should help new members when dealing with Toro.
This type of review (even if the purchase ends badly) is so much more helpful than the typical extortion thread of “I just ordered from this TD, let’s see if he does me right...or else I will bitch and moan until I get what I want for the entire forum to see.” Enjoy your new watch and welcome to RWI.

Reactions: Tompa

PLJ

Horology Curious
20/6/19
I’ve no complaints with process. This is only second rep I’ve bought. Both times it’s to see if I would enjoy wearing the same gen watch. First time I didn’t like but bought a slightly different model gen and loved it. This one I’m enjoying so will see.....

Lunchbond

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/6/19
Although I only buy from puretime, I think I will checkout Toro as well

Thx for the review!