• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best A. Lange producer

PeterJ28

Looking Around
18/6/19
Hi All,

I'm new here and to this scene. Wanted to see if you guys had any reviews to give as for who makes the best A. Lange? I would like one that looks like the Tourbograph Pour le Merite, but probably that won't happen. I've seen this one: https://www.intime04.co/a-lange-sohne/920-pour-le-merite-tourbillon-ss-white-numeral-dial.html

but not sure if it's worth $598 as most people say these watches break after roughly a year? Also based off pictures, it does not look like quality at all.

So I hope you guys have some feedback. Thanks in advance!

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Hi,

You'll quickly learn, either the soft or the hard way, that "what is the best" question is pretty frowned upon on rep forum.

It's a question that's most of the time, highly subjective and doesn't really have an answer. You'll have to make compromise on most of the reps, and some people are ready to compromise on things that other won't.

The only solution is to read the new members posts that explain a lot how things work around here and then browse the forum for reviews and posts, not only on a particular model, but also on replica movement etc...

It seems you had only a quick read that lead you to think that rep breaks easily. A correctly maintained rep won't break quicker than a gen.

For your example in your link, this is not an accurate rep at all, but it's not a bad quality rep, I wouldn't start with a tourbillon movement as it's more expensive and harder to service.

PeterJ28

Looking Around
18/6/19
Hi,

You'll quickly learn, either the soft or the hard way, that "what is the best" question is pretty frowned upon on rep forum.

It's a question that's most of the time, highly subjective and doesn't really have an answer. You'll have to make compromise on most of the reps, and some people are ready to compromise on things that other won't.

The only solution is to read the new members posts that explain a lot how things work around here and then browse the forum for reviews and posts, not only on a particular model, but also on replica movement etc...

It seems you had only a quick read that lead you to think that rep breaks easily. A correctly maintained rep won't break quicker than a gen.

For your example in your link, this is not an accurate rep at all, but it's not a bad quality rep, I wouldn't start with a tourbillon movement as it's more expensive and harder to service.

Thanks so much for your quick reply. While I understand what you are saying, I do believe that there are some sellers who are better at certain items than others. For this reason i think someone can hopefully give feedback who the best A lange producers are?

I saw the forum has a sellers request place, so I'm gonna post there, hopefully a bit more luck.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Thanks so much for your quick reply. While I understand what you are saying, I do believe that there are some sellers who are better at certain items than others.

I think you lack a bit of knowledge here, and that's why you think that, I'll help you on that part : All the sellers here, called Trusted Dealers or Supporting Vendors, have access to the same stuff.
They are not maker they are just reseller and all get watches from the same place
Some of them will have early access to newly release reps, but in the end, every TD or SV will be able to provide you with a product, as long at is still on the market.

Seller is not equal to the maker, that's where you are wrong, but now that this is cleared out, as I told you, asking for the best will most likely get you some bad answers, it's best to do your own research on the subject as I said before.

Check the A Lange section for more info on that brand in the rep world

PeterJ28

Looking Around
18/6/19
I think you lack a bit of knowledge here, and that's why you think that, I'll help you on that part : All the sellers here, called Trusted Dealers or Supporting Vendors, have access to the same stuff.
They are not maker they are just reseller and all get watches from the same place
Some of them will have early access to newly release reps, but in the end, every TD or SV will be able to provide you with a product, as long at is still on the market.

Seller is not equal to the maker, that's where you are wrong, but now that this is cleared out, as I told you, asking for the best will most likely get you some bad answers, it's best to do your own research on the subject as I said before.

Check the A Lange section for more info on that brand in the rep world

Ah ok, now I understand better what you mean. I was under the impression that all of these actually made them. But if as you say it all comes from the same factory, then truly it does not matter who you buy from, you get the same items.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Ah ok, now I understand better what you mean. I was under the impression that all of these actually made them. But if as you say it all comes from the same factory, then truly it does not matter who you buy from, you get the same items.

Yeah, the usual saying around here is : pick your TD then pick your watch

Have a look at the various feedback section, website and all to see how the TD is working and what people think, you'll get a feeling for each of them and be able to see with who you want to do business.

This post should be worth reading before you venture into all of this :
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...e-ultimate-guide-to-rwi-new-members-read-here