• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can't find this specific info???

SteelRiver

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/19
having searched for quite some time I can't seem to find anywhere that explains the differences between noob versions, what is a 1:1 rep or similar descriptions when looking at different models to purchase? For example is AAA the same as say noob v5 etc? Thanks

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
SteelRiver

There is no such thing as AAA or AAA+ or AAA Gold Standard, these are just selling ploys to get your money from questionable websites which is why we have Trusted Dealers on this forum. The latest Noob if your talking about the Sybmariner is the V9.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
As already said forget AAA stuff it means nothing
i assume you talking about the Daytona, for the best you've got 2 choices,, the noob which has got the fully functional chrono movement, or the ARF factory version which although has faux dials at 9 and 3 is considered to have the better more accurate dial and bezel.

the choice boils down to how important it is to you to have it fully functional, personally I've just got the ARF because I know other than the initial playing with it when it arrives I never use the chrono feature, so to me it was more important to have the visually better watch and save the extra money for another watch
read the link below

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...noob-v1-v2-and-v2-2-daytona-vs-arf-v2-daytona

Time_Newb

Looking Around
15/6/19
As already said forget AAA stuff it means nothing
i assume you talking about the Daytona, for the best you've got 2 choices,, the noob which has got the fully functional chrono movement, or the ARF factory version which although has faux dials at 9 and 3 is considered to have the better more accurate dial and bezel.

the choice boils down to how important it is to you to have it fully functional, personally I've just got the ARF because I know other than the initial playing with it when it arrives I never use the chrono feature, so to me it was more important to have the visually better watch and save the extra money for another watch
read the link below

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...arf-v2-daytona

Was about to introduce myself in my own post, but I'll say "Hi" here and ask a follow up question to this.

Re: the Daytona - If the Noob has the better internals (super clone something 3000 and working sub dials), and the ARF is more externally accurate, could one technically buy both and put the Noob internals inside the ARF for the best Rep? Would this be a good Franken Rep? Or would seasoned Rep Vets call this overkill? Should I create my own post about this?

Thanks!

T_N

Last edited:

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Was about to introduce myself in my own post, but I'll say "Hi" here and ask a follow up question to this.

Re: the Daytona - If the Noob has the better internals (super clone something 3000 and working sub dials), and the ARF is more externally accurate, could one technically buy both and put the Noob internals inside the ARF for the best Rep? Would this be a good Franken Rep? Or would seasoned Rep Vets call this overkill? Should I create my own post about this?

Thanks!

T_N

hi welcome,

your nearly correct just the wrong way around lol. the noob movement will not fit he ARF case.

the thing to do is buy the Noob and either buy a complete ARF or the ARF parts, using the noob as the base watch, change the dial, bezel and clasp with the ARF parts and there you go the best of both worlds. This as been done many times and there are many posts on the forum regarding this.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...a’s-and-spec

Last edited:

Time_Newb

Looking Around
15/6/19
hi welcome,

your nearly correct just the wrong way around lol. the noob movement will not fit he ARF case.

the thing to do is buy the Noob and either buy a complete ARF or the ARF parts, using the noob as the base watch, change the dial, bezel and clasp with the ARF parts and there you go the best of both worlds. This as been done many times and there are many posts on the forum regarding this.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...a’s-and-spec

Incredible info! Thank you!
The link you provided is exactly what I want to do! (though with an all white and/or chrome face/bezel). Adding the Gen parts would be ideal.

The pics with the watch parts laid out though, ain't gonna lie, kind of intimidating. I wonder if it's better to buy one from a reputable member who's already created one and wants to sell? Downside there is a newb never knowing if what he receives is what was promised (I know I'd be concerned).

Thanks again! I can now see how this could get addictive!

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Incredible info! Thank you!
The link you provided is exactly what I want to do! (though with an all white and/or chrome face/bezel). Adding the Gen parts would be ideal.

The pics with the watch parts laid out though, ain't gonna lie, kind of intimidating. I wonder if it's better to buy one from a reputable member who's already created one and wants to sell? Downside there is a newb never knowing if what he receives is what was promised (I know I'd be concerned).

Thanks again! I can now see how this could get addictive!
You want a 116520 like this, this is my Arf unmodified apart from not fully functioning chrono which I know I never use is a nice watch straight out of the box
add08aae05c365b8f270e355437841a4.jpg

There are many trusted modders on the forum that can do the work for you if you supply the parts. They occasionally come up for sale on here but because of a few recent events people may be reluctant to sell to new members
Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Time_Newb

Looking Around
15/6/19
You want a 116520 like this, this is my Arf unmodified apart from not fully functioning chrono which I know I never use is a nice watch straight out of the box

There are many trusted modders on the forum that can do the work for you if you supply the parts. They occasionally come up for sale on here but because of a few recent events people may be reluctant to sell to new members
Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
This is exactly right. This is where I'll most likely begin. Either here with this same one, or (a possibly easier project?) white-faced Oyster Perpetual.

There's SO much to learn! I could spend hours down this rabbit hole!
:woo: