• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What mods are possible for Noob V9 Rolex Sub SA3135 vs A2836?

hokim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/19
Hi,

I'm interesting in a rep submariner. I am leaning towards Noob and am aware their V9 comes either in SA3135 or A2836. Many experts say that SA3135 is unreliable and is expensive to fix so I am leaning towards A2836.

I did some searching and I couldn't find the answer to this question: What kind of "important" mods/upgrades are not possible with the A2836 (I know "important" is subjective to each individual)? In other words, is there a limitation(s) to the A2836 (from a franken gen perspective), that I should be aware about so I don't shoot myself in the foot and realize this later on?

Thanks for reading. Hoping there won't be too much flak since I'm posting on the newbie forum.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Most important would be adding either a genuine crystal or a Prof Black hole one. The other big tell would be the text of the insert. Either need a genuine insert or one modded by someone such a SpongeBob.

hokim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/19
I’m not sure I understand your reply. You mentioned the crystal and the bezel insert. How do they relate to SA3135 vs A2836?

I’m trying to understand that if I choose the Noob V9 A2836, what kind of upgrades/mods are impossible? For example, can I change the date wheel, or the dial, or the hands, etc?

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I’m Assuming you’re talking about adding genuine Rolex parts to your watch? If this is the case you need an SH3135 movement. This is a true clone of the real Rolex 3135 and this takes genuine parts. The SA isn’t a true clone but I believe will still take Gen hands and a date wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
If you're asking about upgrading from the movement, you can swap it out for an ETA as opposed to modifying with parts as the expense alone can exceed the price of the movement itself

Father_ Time

Horology Curious
16/4/20
I know this is an old post but does the Noob V9 have different case sizes for the A2836 vs the 3135?