• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rules/Suggestions for changing the time on Rolex AR Factory 116231

Sc90

Horology Curious
8/2/19
Hi, About to receive my first rep and just wondering what the general rules/suggestions are for changing/adjusting the time? I've read not to do it between 10 pm and 2 am, and to turn the hands counterclockwise? Also to make sure the watch is warm first and to wait a few weeks after receiving before adjusting. Just wondering if this is the same for all reps or specific ones or if I should just take it slow. Rep is Rolex Datejust 36mm 116231 from AR Factory with SH3135 movement. Thanks

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Sc90 What you have suggested above is correct. Do not change the watch between 10pm and 2am as the mechanics of the watch are in the process of changing and you could damage the watch and yes again for turning counterclockwise. This is the same for Gen Watches. I attended a Swiss Movement conference a couple of years ago and they confirmed this for all movements with day/date/moonphase etc. This would also be true to rep watches.

Sc90

Horology Curious
8/2/19
beau7816 Thanks mate, I appreciate the confirmation. I'll take the whole process slow and steady and hopefully I don't stuff anything up.