• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Trying to buy a replica

KSolid21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/19
Greetings everyone,

Long time reader, new time member. For the very first time I have decided to buy a replica watch. I have my sights set on a ARF Submariner, since I've heard that this is arguably the best out of box (non-mod), which I think is a good way to begin. I own one ten Rolex explorer II from the 80's, and I'm looking forward to having a newer style sub that I won't feel as afraid to bump around. I've always loved submariners, but like many, do not have the funds to justify a purchase and enjoy the idea of seeing what a rep can produce. For obvious reasons, I am trying to be careful to not get scammed and do the right things, but I am very ignorant to the process. I tried to purchase a submariner from puretime, but there website did not allow a visa. It only allowed Master and bitcoin, both of which I do not have. Is there another website that you recommend? How do I do this safely and properly?

KSolid21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/19
I also wanted to say thank you to so many of you who are knowledgeable on this forum. I've read and learned so much just by going through posts! I can't wait to grow in my understanding. Thank you in advance.

21Klipz

Horology Curious
20/3/19
I've always loved submariners, but like many, do not have the funds to justify a purchase and enjoy the idea of seeing what a rep can produce. For obvious reasons, I am trying to be careful to not get scammed and do the right things, but I am very ignorant to the process. I tried to purchase a submariner from puretime, but there website did not allow a visa.

What a wonderful take on the subject. Our views align! Seems people are largely uninformed and buy cheapo replicas and you hear the real/fake discourse and that's the end of it. I'm a newbie too but from what I gather, you don't buy from the websites. You have to contact a TD in the Trusted TD section of the forum.