• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie Technical Beginner Guide

ersin

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/12/18
Dear all,

Greetings from Germany.

I am new to the replica business and would like to delve into this subject as quickly as possible. In particular, I would like to understand the terminologies surrounding factories, quality standards, brezels, inserts, etc. I have fought my way through numerous forums in here, but the best I found was the Rolex wiki and the quality guidance on dtime (https://dtime.store/help-pages.php?help=Our+Timepieces+Quality).

Can someone guide me through the jungle and provide some forum threads, PDF guidances, websites or something similar to further my knowledge quickly? I am interest in buying either of the brands as follows: Hublot Big Bang, Rolex Day Date (Gold Version), IWC Portuguese Annual Calender or AP Royal Oak.

Thank you guys
Ersin

Sent from the RWI App

Akonoypi

Known Member
13/12/18
Welcome to the forum. Plenty of reading and browsing you need to do. Being a noob myself I am still navigating thru all the forum sections.
But eventually you will find what you are looking for. Good luck.

ersin

Banned
31/12/18
Thank you, I realized that.

Anyway, I think there will be at least one single person out there who will share his knowledge with us. In general, I believe there are more givers then takers out there ;)

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Are you the type of person who paid the smart kids to take your tests for you in school

Shall I run and grab my spoon to start feeding you all this info you need quickly?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ersin

Banned
31/12/18
Yes and yes and eat my shit as well.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Wrestleantares

Known Member
19/9/18
You are ahead of the game. You know what kind of replica (pretty specifically) You are interested in.

I am a noob too and just ordered - before Christmas - my first replica watch. Here is my advice.

1. Go to the trusted dealers sites and see the reps you are interested in. These will tell you which factories make reps you want, what movement is in each rep, etc.

2. Read up on the movements - check the reviews - Go to google and enter for example: Hublot Big Bang Replica - there will be threads from here and Repgeek probably linked. Read those for each watch you are interested in.

3. Read reviews on here and RepGeek

4. By this time you should be narrowed in on what rep looks the best and runs the best. Then ask on the brand forum any specific questions you are still unsure of - after one more search for those specific questions.

I know as a NOOB you want to come on here and ask what is best XXXXX where is best price for XXXXX etc. Some of that info is here (most actually if you look), but I have discovered the rep world changes daily. In addition what is best is somewhat subjective. I am ordering a Sub No Date 114060 and am strongly considering the JF factory even though it is widely regarded as not the best visual rep simply because I want to fool around with the SH3130 movement.

There are lots of great guys with great info here, but they do not want to regurgitate how to find it every day when a newbie comes in. Spend some time searching and you will find. You will also find other cool articles and info that way that may make you change your mind. I changed my 1st rep choice 3 times before ordering simply because I read stuff here.

Reactions: ersin

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Bros, you both are messing with the wrong one. Quit your games, guys and let your shit go...

Sent from the RWI App
And goodbye
Waiting for your new username so I can toss that one out the door too

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Ooops, your messing with the wrong guy here !!
LOL yup.
I gave him a nice new username color.

Taking bets what his new name will be when he comes back