• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Purchase Nerves

JRR1988

Looking Around
13/1/19
Hi everyone,

I’m new to this forum but have been considering a rep for some time now.

Specifically a Audemars Piguet Rose Gold Royal Oak Offshore GP. The one I’m looking at is from Tony at Asian7750 and it retails at $588.

if anyone has any experience in buying rep AP’s and can give me some advice it would be much appreciated. I’d like to me 100% sure before I spend this kind of money on a rep, I’ve seen other ones for between $100 - $200, will this one really be worth the extra money? What should I look out for?

Thanks in advance.

Ghostrider757

I'm the one who knocks.
Patron
Certified
9/8/17
Underground
Don’t waste your money on a gold rep. It’s going to look like crap once it starts getting scratched up and you see the stainless through it.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Mrgkman

Known Member
13/8/18
The only gold reps I’d buy are the more expensive “wrapped” ones. I own a few in YG and RG. They can be pretty pricey “$800-$900 range.” I would stay away from the low end gold reps. Either way, the gold will not look gen but some of the higher end watches come pretty close. Really depends on the lighting. I’ve banged some higher end gold wrapped reps on some stuff and I’ve yet to see SS below. Hope that never happens!!

Mrgkman

Known Member
13/8/18
Can’t say on the AP. I’ve only bought gold Rolex reps.

JRR1988

Looking Around
13/1/19
Thanks folks.

From all of my treading through posts I didn’t find anything about the negatives of gold reps. Thanks for letting me know.

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
I wear my wrapped submariner occasionally on dinner nights. It looks superb and the gold is amazing. Purchased through TD Puretime. My daily beater is ss sub.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
Get a few Stainless. Then get a gold to wear here and there. It will wear quickly as a daily beater.

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Welcome to RWI. I am from the UK with a keen interest in watches. Click on the link for valuable information reading (in it the other links take you to DTime International whom are not Trusted Dealers with RWI)

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...s-are-the-best

Guys avoid the 904l as you are just wasting money. You cant tell the difference visually or feel the difference. Its just a promotional ploy to get you to spend more.