• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New to rep world / looking to purchase Rolex Yacht-Master

MCDM

Looking Around
11/1/19
Hi everyone,

I’m new to the replica world and I’m looking forward to learning more about it from everyone here as I'm eager to pull the trigger on a Rolex Yacht-Master. The only mod I plan on doing is taking it to a watch maker and getting it waterproofed.

Here are a few models I’m looking at.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on which one I should proceed with.

Cheers,

Morgan

hulkamaphone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/1/19
From what I've read the clone rolex movements will cost more and be harder to service later down the track. I'd personally be careful with these as the clone ETA movements should be much easier and cheaper to get serviced. But there are pros and cons for each option (eg if you want to mod with gen parts, the clone rolex movement will be the better option).

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Yes go with either a 2824 or 2836 movement. Cheaper to repair or replace, overall more reliable. Only reason to go with the 3135 clone is if you intend to build a watch with a genuine dial hands and date wheel

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19
Which one of these would be with least visual tells if one will be getting it with no plan to mod? Would blue dial be more accurate or the gray/rh dial? Thanks!