• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Had to stop creeping and make a account

Uphukinwitme

Horology Curious
30/11/18
After a few months of creeping on here trying to understand and learn some basic info I figured it’s time to get a account. Looking out for my first rep been eye balling a few. I am by all means not a tinkerer with watches I just love the look and design of many. So I have been diving in to that 183 page thread with the list of recommended watches I believe in the general discussion form. Anyway, if anyone is in the STL area hit me up, hope I don’t annoy y’all with shitty questions I can’t find with the search function.

Reactions: Maru

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
After a few months of creeping on here trying to understand and learn some basic info I figured it’s time to get a account. Looking out for my first rep been eye balling a few. I am by all means not a tinkerer with watches I just love the look and design of many. So I have been diving in to that 183 page thread with the list of recommended watches I believe in the general discussion form. Anyway, if anyone is in the STL area hit me up, hope I don’t annoy y’all with shitty questions I can’t find with the search function.

Welcome. What kind of watches are you into?

Maru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/18
I lurked for months prior to creating a profile recently. It took me a really long time to decide which rep I wanted. In the process, I've learned so much about watches and I have come to appreciate them more then I thought I ever would.

i just ordered my first rep a few days ago, so this entire process and community is new to me. I'm still waiting for the watch to arrive, but I'm really excited about it.

Uphukinwitme

Horology Curious
30/11/18
Welcome. What kind of watches are you into?
To be completely honest with you I’m a fan of the chrono style, the tag carrera cal16 and RS 3, omega sea master forget the model, AP and day-date rol.
i did like that yachtmaster II, but nothing I have seen compares to the gen in appearance all look “to shiny” if if that makes sense.

Completely random question, what is with the groups on Facebook. Are any of them legitimate as any of the TD here?

Uphukinwitme

Horology Curious
30/11/18
I lurked for months prior to creating a profile recently. It took me a really long time to decide which rep I wanted. In the process, I've learned so much about watches and I have come to appreciate them more then I thought I ever would.

i just ordered my first rep a few days ago, so this entire process and community is new to me. I'm still waiting for the watch to arrive, but I'm really excited about it.

If you don’t mind me asking how did you decide on which watch and what TD?

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
To be completely honest with you I’m a fan of the chrono style, the tag carrera cal16 and RS 3, omega sea master forget the model, AP and day-date rol.
i did like that yachtmaster II, but nothing I have seen compares to the gen in appearance all look “to shiny” if if that makes sense.

Completely random question, what is with the groups on Facebook. Are any of them legitimate as any of the TD here?

You have all the info you'll need here. Checkout the TD section here if you want to use legit channels for the lowest prices. I've seen people get ripped off through other sellers.

Reactions: Uphukinwitme

Maru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/18
I started off with looking at what watches were superreps or extremely close to superrep. Then I went through each of them with the mind set of "if these were gen and budget wasn't a factor, which of these would I choose". I'm a huge Rolex fan and have always dreamed of having one on my wrist, so I focused most of my attention there. Once I narrowed down my choices from there I read every and anything about the each rep I could. Then, as a final cut, I took the size, color and versatility of design into consideration. If I had slightly bigger wrists I may have chosen the oyster perpetual grey 39mm by jf, but instead I went with a datejust by arf. It was not an easy decision at all because I love them both.

Anyway, I am dealing with toro as my TD. So far everything seems legit. Payment, QC pics and tracking. Now, it's just a matter of waiting until it shows up. Can't wait...

Reactions: Uphukinwitme

Uphukinwitme

Horology Curious
30/11/18
Well just found out I will be heading to Thailand on the 6 for work. Any one have recs on places to pick up a decent product in person?