• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New member asks for help about Daydate a2836

taggiascoz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/18
hi everybody typing from Italy, it’s a pleasure to be part of this forum I hope I’ll be able to help you with some of your questions in the future but for now it you who should help me since I’m about to buy my first rep.
What I wanna ask is, seeing as I read about people getting their reps DOA or failing after a short time, I was wondering if that’s only bad luck or in case I bought instead an automatic movement watch like Seiko, citizen, bulova longines, let’s say not a replica, I’d be safer and wouldn’t risk the watch quitting on me after a short time.
i hope you get my point, maybe I sound stupid but I’m new so you’ll maybe understand.

thank you in advance

Johnny

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Never had a rep fail like that. There is the occasional lemon but most are good. There's a italy based watchsmith, Johnny Depp who should be able to sort out any issues should you get a lemon. Only issues I've had were after several years of use. Relax, read up as much as possible to learn the flaws and pros/cons of each maker.

Reactions: Johnny Depp

taggiascoz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/18
Never had a rep fail like that. There is the occasional lemon but most are good. There's a italy based watchsmith, Johnny Depp who should be able to sort out any issues should you get a lemon. Only issues I've had were after several years of use. Relax, read up as much as possible to learn the flaws and pros/cons of each maker.

Thanks a lot for your reply, knowing there’s a watch smith in Italy it’s very good news, I’ll try and contact him so he can tell me how much it’d be in case the watch gets here dead, I’m a bit paranoid maybe there’s no need ????

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Thanks a lot for your reply, knowing there’s a watch smith in Italy it’s very good news, I’ll try and contact him so he can tell me how much it’d be in case the watch gets here dead, I’m a bit paranoid maybe there’s no need ????

Do your research before you buy and stick with popular models and the odds of getting a bad one are low. The risks can never be completely removed since it's shipping half way around the world and was assembled in unknown, but probably not the most ideal, conditions. what are you considering for your first purchase? Another option is to buy a piece from member to member sales or buy from a vendor like RepPossessed who's in Europe.

SUBKILLER

Renowned Member
30/7/16
All my reps with a2836 or a2824 has not failed me yet. Never even serviced them either.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk