• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shanghai Adventures - Your thoughts

edunf

Looking Around
26/9/18
Hi all,

I’m new to this forum and to the world of reps - been studying a fair bit, reading posts and watching videos to educate myself but in reality I still know very little!

Here is my first short story and question:

I was in Shanghai for few days with little to do during the day so I decided to adventure into some of their famous “fake” markets. I had read that the stuff they display is usually the crappy stuff tourists will buy and the big brands (and the police) don’t really care about so they allow business to continue but if you ask the right questions and spot the right people they will take you to the good stuff...

Well, after wondering around for 30min or so and frankly just seeing crappy reps etc. I’ve started to ask for the “good stuff”...few minutes later some dude approach me and ask me to follow him into a session of the market where some stalls were closed into this dark and closed stall). Feeling adventurous (and I’m a fairly big guy who know to handle himself AND decided to go with no docs and very little cash) I decided go in.

The dude then asks what I want and start to open secret wall panels, taking out loads of different watches. He goes on showing me different “level” of fakes and mention some prices. I check some stuff out and tell him I need to select some models that I want and we agree he will come to my hotel with it. I also learn they do high level designer bags so he brings some for my wife to see (and she is a expert on these, she has tons of the real ones).

long story short - I’ve bought 5 reps prices varying from 600 yuan (women’s rolex) to 1300 yuan for a panerai. Now, at that time I knew even less about reps than I do now, but I am quite familiar with the gens and studied a lot what where the key things to check. The watches looked awesome to me (just an IWC was a bit poor). My wife got a bunch of bags and she said the majority Were very high level reps.

6 months later I went back to Shanghai and reached out to this dude (we are talk on wechat). I tell him that I want the “best” stuff and if we make a good deal and the quality is as I expect I will buy often from him. We agree on prices varying from 600 yuan to 1100 yuan. We also agree that moving forward he can ship stuff to the US for me for 280 yuan.

Long story, hope you are still with me! So here is the Q:

1. Could have I found a direct connect in China and am I getting really good stuff for a very good price?
2. I’m just buying shitty reps and the price is right?

Know is difficult to say without seeing the pics, will try to post them next week or so as I’m business travelling this week and only have my gen oris with me.

Caesar

Grand Poobah
16/1/17
Lady's Island, SC
Without pics it will be very hard for anyone to tell you how good the watches you got are.

As long as you're happy with them, that's all that matters really.

Cheers!

Reactions: trailboss99

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Interesting! I'm waiting to see what you got.

edunf

Looking Around
26/9/18
Hey, sorry but Ive been busy and I'm lazy! I took couple pics just need to figure out how to post them...(exceeding size allowance)