• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seeking Advice: How long on have you had to wait for an out of stock Rep from TD?

Zactarus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/8/18
I'm hoping some experienced members can provide a little insight on how long they have had to wait on an out of stock rep? I recently ordered a rep from a TD who hadn't marked the watch as out of stock (yes I've read the guidance from Angus on these that you shouldn't rely on the info on the website).

I don't mind the wait, although with this particular dealer (without naming them) there was no communication that it was out of stock until I messaged them after a week. I had been waiting for QC pics...

Should I expect better communications?

Thanks

Caesar

Grand Poobah
16/1/17
Lady's Island, SC
Sometimes TD's just have a really hard time getting a hold of certain watches. Or the Factory says they have them. Then the TD shows up to buy them, and they just sold them to someone else... You never know.

I usually check in once a week for progress if I'm after a less popular, harder to find rep.

Patience is key in the watch world.

renoz

25/5/12
What watch is it? Even a not so old rep might be out of peoduction

johnnythefox

Renowned Member
16/10/17
I've waited 2 months for an AP that was out of stock, but I was kept updated by the dealer every 2 weeks. The dealer did offer a refund but I decided to hang on till it was in stock again.

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
I've waited 2 months for an AP that was out of stock, but I was kept updated by the dealer every 2 weeks. The dealer did offer a refund but I decided to hang on till it was in stock again.

Yeah, it might never be in stock again.

Zactarus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/8/18
What watch is it? Even a not so old rep might be out of peoduction

It's the Daytona 116500 SS Black Ceramic Bezel Noob - out of stock in a few places.. Assuming it will be popular. I will have to wait I guess. Thanks for the advice.

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
It's the Daytona 116500 SS Black Ceramic Bezel Noob - out of stock in a few places.. Assuming it will be popular. I will have to wait I guess. Thanks for the advice.

It should be available sooner or later. I've heard people are waiting since august, I ordered 2 and got QC within a couple of hours, waiting for the 2nd one.

Petit Poison

Horology Curious
27/9/18
I’m also waiting for a watch to restock!! It sucks as I want to pay for it now... instant gratification and all.

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Good question

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk