• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First time rep buyer

Nhardwick8

Horology Curious
7/3/18
Hi I’m new to the rep game so you may find my questions basic lol. I’m looking to buy a couple of replica Rolex’s , I’m more interested in them looking like the gens. I like the Daytona’s and sub’s what would you guys recommen? Noob, ARF? I’m not fussy on the price. Just want them to look good and last.

Thanks

Kbarsh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/7/18
Any interest in vintage tudor subs?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Daniel1112

30/7/18
New York, USA
Are you handy with watches at all? Are you looking to make a franken watch (buy genuine parts and insert them into the replica)?

From what I’ve found is that Noob is better for Franken modding, and ARF is better for standard straight “out of the box”

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: leo6929

Adp6767

Horology Curious
24/8/18
Make sure to familiarize yourself with the replica movements. The movement can be a big tell when trying to look and have them act gen

Jlbeat

18/9/18
Movement are really important. Your budget really define what you want. Tell us if you want advice before buying !

simondgroot

Looking Around
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/6/18
If you are not gonna mod it I would advice a ARF Submariner since they are the best out of the box, otherwise a Noob v9

John

Watchful
Certified
10/1/17
I came across a very useful discussion on repgeek regarding this very issue that might help answer most of your questions:

“Battle of the Subs! Noob V9 vs. ARF vs. VRF MAX”
(https://www.repgeek.com/rolex/294056-battle-subs-noob-v9-vs-arf-vs-vrf-max.html)

Another useful discussion is Smoke’s comparison:

“Gen hulk vs noob v9 vs arf”
(https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/6812202-gen-hulk-vs-noob-v9-vs-arf)

Be sure to read through all of the comments for each discussion. You can find lots of hidden gems.