• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying a watch - from UK

EfcJay

Horology Curious
8/7/18
UK
So I’m desperate to buy the Rose Gold Daytona with rubber strap, all the TD’s have MasterCard payment which I don’t have, it’s not really common in the UK for people my age to have a credit card. I’ve tried my two debit cards on numerous sites with the TD’s and none of them seem to work. Any ideas on what I can do or where I can get this exact watch?

fxt3sh.jpg

irishdazzler

Looking Around
8/7/17
I’m also interested in this - only looked at one TD, but noticed the preference for MC vs Visa. Is this standard?

meteoropatia

Known Member
31/7/18
London
InTime you can use your debit card. I bought an AP from them yesterday and I paid with debit visa

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
there seems to be a new system some dealers use,...can't find the thread though

xkqwts

Known Member
21/2/17
The problem with paypal is new customers doing chargebacks. If you have an established purchase history, some TDs will let you use it.

Why don't you just use WU or bank transfer? You usually get a discount which offsets the fee.

Adrian8741

Known Member
30/6/18
I had a similar issue, pretty frustrating as we spent quite a bit of time just trying to get the transaction to work. I can't go into details but suffice to say the payment mechanism just wouldn't accept my DC. I believe what may have been happening is the additional security my card has was activating, and while it didn't block my card (I called the bank about this and verified it was me using it) it still prevented the payment gateway from completing the transaction fully.

WU should be a valid option, might be worth having a look at that if you have no luck on either Toro Bravos or InTime.

Finally, keep an eye on the M2M section. I know nothing about Rolex watches, so am not sure how often this particular one might pop up, but you may get lucky! Generally M2M sellers accept PayPal, so you should have no issues with payment. Good luck!

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
@Efcjey
Maybe you could ask a friend or relative of yours to help you out with a cc?

Regards.

xray7

Renowned Member
1/4/18
Old Dart
Pop in to MetroBank if you're in London, matey. They're desperate for your business, you'll leave the branch with a freshly embossed debit MC.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
InTime you can use your debit card. I bought an AP from them yesterday and I paid with debit visa

Just because one persons card works doesnt mean another mans will. Card issuers often block payments to and from China. My Visa doesn't work for payments to china

Eldonsimon

Supporter
Certified
16/8/16
Sunny Barcelona
You can get a pre-paid MasterCard from Revolut - I use it a lot when travelling, you get currency transactions with no fees and they are at the Interbank rate so way better than a UK debit card. You use their app and load however much you need on the card and pay the td as normal.

Embraer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/1/17
+1 for InTime, their transaction is seamless. It's also worth applying for a CC if you can, it helps with your credit rating and its less risky.

noobwatch76

I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley
Supporter
Patron
Certified
6/7/16
Texas
Bitcoin, get with the times!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

leighdreyer

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/7/16
Doesn’t have a MasterCard yet wants a replica Rolex Daytona mwahahaahahahahahahahahaah