• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Confirm: Get/approve QC pictures before or after payment is made?

pfbweb

Horology Curious
10/5/18
Can someone confirm what is the standard practice with a trusted seller?

Some of the newbie threads say ask for and get QC pictures before sending money, the seller I'm working with has said in an initial email that payment is made first.

The particular watch is a Sea Dweller 126600 (ARF V2 1:1 904L), and the td says they have it in stock, though I understand that might mean they know they can easily get it rather than actually have it in their own inventory...

So which is standard practice:

Payment then QC, or QC then payment?

Thanks...

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
Most TD's will not bother with QC until payment is made. Imagine all the wasted time they would spend on folks who never actually buy. Remember, this is a worldwide forum with thousands of members...and we're only a fraction of the industry.

B

Reactions: Elno38

pfbweb

Horology Curious
10/5/18
Makes sense.

I was going to go forward with payment first, but then I noticed this in the very first post of the very first thread in the FAQ section and just wanted clarification...

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/66103-compete-noobs-guide-to-buying-you-first-rep

Compete noobs guide to buying you FIRST Rep.

6) BEFORE PAYMENT IS MADE request QC (quality control) pictures of your watch.
(Ok to clear this up.....in simple terms)
Ask for qc pictures before you pay. Pay once he agrees.

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
I think that's very old - when we had more member integrity. Too many drive-by noobs spoiled things...

pfbweb

Horology Curious
10/5/18
I think that's very old - when we had more member integrity.

I figured as much, but thought I should verify rather than have someone say after the fact "why didn't you read the FAQ?" ;-)

From a semi-newbie perspective, one issue can be information overload and separating outdated info from current...

Older threads with hundreds or even thousands of posts, still active and getting bumped to the top regularly, but the information in early posts is now inaccurate. Trying to read through a couple of thousand posts to see if the info in post one is still accurate isn't always efficient.

At any rate, thanks for the clarification.