• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question from a Noobie

Jamie2000

Horology Curious
26/6/22
Hi All
Great site.
l’ ve had a bit of a read of various threads and I thought the best way to learn is maybe to just find a watch I like the look of and see what others think? So here goes-

https://www.findreplicawatches.is/b...-p-6723.html?zenid=8u8e498u70tvbudbtbqtj6of06

what do experienced users think? Are there any obvious red flags I should be seeing or need to look for?
The site appears to take visa for example? The factory looks good as through my limited research so far, Noob is one of the best?

any advice gratefully received guys (and girls) ????

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Noob factory doesn’t exist anymore, that’s one red flag. It’s best to purchase from the trusted dealers listed in our TD section, otherwise there is a serious risk of being scammed.

Reactions: P..DR..D

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Welcome aboard, it’s best you read up in the new member section. Many faq are answered there.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Take your time Sir, no pun intended.

Stick to the TDs (24 to choose from) & always worthwhile dropping, whatever TD you choose, a quick PM/email before sending any payment to check availability/timelines.

Sometimes the website may not be 100% up to date.

Also check their refund/replace policy in the case of seizure/loss as not all TDs offer it.

Welcome to RWI & as the guys said, read the stickies, familiarise yourself with the process and enjoy the forum

:search:

Jamie2000

Horology Curious
26/6/22
Good advice. Thanks.
I’ve just been reading up on the TDs. Looks like Pure Time are one of the more expensive dealers? Reviews are great though.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
With 24 to choose from you could ask 24 members and theoretically get 24 different answers.

Every dealer is different and some members will stay with one dealer, others will move around, it's all subjective.

Some members will want quicker delivery because of UK stock, others are happy to wait for Chinese deliveries.

Some dealers have instant, near chat bot responses, others you'll be waiting for a reply.

It's all about what suits YOU, as you're the one who'll be handing over the money, so you're the one who has to ultimately decide.

Best recommendation is to check out the dealer reviews/feedback and that will give you a sense as to what to expect based on recent interactions.

Members will be both positive and negative in their feedback so you'll quickly see the pro' & con's (if any) and be able to make an informed decision.

Best of luck, but as I mentioned, no rush ;)

Jamie2000

Horology Curious
26/6/22
Hi.
is there a thread where I can read up on the difference between super clones and clones and how to spot them?
I’ve done a search and read some of the threads aimed at noobs but haven’t come across this yet.
I'm asking as the watch I want, which was a super clone isn’t available. I’ve come across the same watch in different sites but it’s not advertised as a super clone. I’m figuring that means that it’s now (it’s advertised as “Asian clone”) as if it was a SC the seller would say that?
Am I’m right in thinking this or am I being too literal?
Thanks
J