• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

G'day new member from Australia, a few questions to ask

A330

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/22
Australia
G'day all,

After looking into this for a bit, I do want to increase my current watch collection and look into super clone watches. Just a few questions with regards to more Australia specific questions.

Q1 - Whats Australian Customs like with replicas? I know that in the US they take it very heavily but I am keen on looking into the Australian Customs sector and how easy it is to get these watches through the hands of the guys at the border.

Q2 - Whats the best replicas available, I know this sounds like a more boring question. I have a budget for about 700 USD per watch and just looking for recommendations for a Rolex GMT Master II Pepsi and the Omega Seamaster James Bond edition (I know that they might not be out now) also recommendations for a Grand Seiko GMT would be very much appreciated.

Q3 - If the watch ordered has a few QC issues, would it be possible to send it back for a replacement, is it a general principle across the industry or more or less up to the store.

Hope to be talking to more of you around here in the next few years. Cannot wait to get involved.

Cheers all, hope you had a good election night yesterday. - A330

jjw1610

6/6/21
1. Not sure. Even if USA is pretty strict, I have never had any problems with customs while ordering reps, so if AUS is looser you shouldn't have to worry.

2. Browse around the forum a little to find what the general opinion is on the best factory for a given rep (the search bar is your best friend). Luckily, the two watches you mentioned are pretty popular so I would think you would be able to find some really nice reps without having to spend the whole 700 USD. Grand Seiko, on the other hand, might be a little harder to find (if there even are any reps of the model you are looking for).

3. Depends on the TD (trusted dealer), some let you send it back. People usually try their hardest to spot QC errors in the photos they send prior to shipping because shipping back to mainland China is very, very expensive.

Reactions: A330

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
Buy them through UK there is much much less risk as UK packages are much less less likely to be checked for counterfeits. Even if it’s checked, they cannot assume it’s a replica if they can’t tell, they are not trained watch experts.

Or have them triangle shipped.

Reactions: A330

Freoguitar

Supporter
Certified
15/11/21
G'day mate. Welcome.

1. I've never had a problem with customs. I'm in Perth. Most stuff I've bought has been through Jtime but I've also bought some M2M (member to member) stuff from Singapore and from within Australia.

2. It's highly recommended that you make up your own mind up after reading all you can on this website. Just search the watches you are interested in.

3. Returning to China should be avoided as stated above. If there is a problem, contacting the TD (trusted dealer) or member is advised and some compensation may be given. Remember, you are dealing with fake illegal watches. There is a risk.

Hope this helps.

FG.

NoMoney4Gen

Horology Curious
15/8/21
This thread is very informative. I wonder if A330 has proceeded on the purchase? Thanks to Freoguitar for the post. I am looking at buying from jtime but my concerns always had been customs. I had something sent from Ali Express stopped at customs and had a Russian watch stopped and inspected. Makes me wonder if it is a hit & miss with the Australian Border Farce.

A330

21/5/22
Australia
This thread is very informative. I wonder if A330 has proceeded on the purchase? Thanks to Freoguitar for the post. I am looking at buying from jtime but my concerns always had been customs. I had something sent from Ali Express stopped at customs and had a Russian watch stopped and inspected. Makes me wonder if it is a hit & miss with the Australian Border Farce.

Well you are right on time. My JTime purchase just cleared customs and was passed onwards to Auspost for final delivery today. The shipping method they use is very triangular and it’s not shipped from the mainland causing red flags. It was shipped from Hong Kong then Singapore to Australia, hence border force had less suspicion to search the package.

Wishing you the best in the future!

NoMoney4Gen

Horology Curious
15/8/21
Well you are right on time. My JTime purchase just cleared customs and was passed onwards to Auspost for final delivery today. The shipping method they use is very triangular and it’s not shipped from the mainland causing red flags. It was shipped from Hong Kong then Singapore to Australia, hence border force had less suspicion to search the package.

Thanks mate! That gives me the confidence to go with jtime. Do post pics when you got the chance, and, enjoy your watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: rolex4me and A330

D0zzy

Looking Around
4/7/22
Hopefully everyone is right and customs will be fine here. Last time I had a pair of rep sneakers seized.

Mattie123

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
27/11/22
Hopefully everyone is right and customs will be fine here. Last time I had a pair of rep sneakers seized.
Hi. What happened after you got your items siezed? Do you have to reply to their notice ?

Mattie123

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
27/11/22
Hi. I am looking at buying first rep. Your story re customs is what is holding me back. I am wondering the same thing if it is a hot and miss with customs.

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Q1 - Whats Australian Customs like with replicas? I know that in the US they take it very heavily but I am keen on looking into the Australian Customs sector and how easy it is to get these watches through the hands of the guys at the border.
From multiple experiences and from other members' experience, I gather that Australia's customs is considered to be relatively lax for reps.

Reactions: mcboom

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Hey guys I’ve had a few terrible experiences with rep and parts shipments into Australia. Steve from TheOnewatches used Australia parcel Post with tracking which has high theft rate and “damaged items that “go missing”. And that’s exactly what happened.
I also notice obvious deception of item description on customs declarations

Just wondering if anyone has experience lately with this shipping method and why dealers aren’t using other express courier companies into Australia?

Last edited:

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)

It was this post that made me order from Jtime… Sub incoming! Thanks!🙏