• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does it really take more than 2 months to get a QC and receive order?

aarvin2

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
17/8/21
Hi everyone I am very new to the Rep Watch sector, I asked the help of a famous and respected rep to order an AP replica and to mod it.

It's been more than 2 months now, and still no news from my order and QC.

Is it normal that it takes more than 2 months to get a QC?

Thank you very much for your help

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
Where did you order from? If it wasn't from one of the TD's on here it is more than likely you have been scammed. Otherwise, if it is from a factory which has been subject to raids then it is possible that stock is simply not available at the moment. Either way, I would email the person you paid and asked for an update.

AwesomeHappy

9/3/17
I've not had to wait so long for a watch before. Usually the QC process and shipping is a breeze. Of course, If you've gotten it from one of the trusted dealers on RWI, rest assured, you will receive your watch in due time. I've heard of factory raids recently, so I'm not surprised that some orders are delayed. You should be more concerned if you purchased it from a dealer elsewhere, that is not part of RWI TD list.

aarvin2

INMATE
17/8/21
Where did you order from? If it wasn't from one of the TD's on here it is more than likely you have been scammed. Otherwise, if it is from a factory which has been subject to raids then it is possible that stock is simply not available at the moment. Either way, I would email the person you paid and asked for an update.

I bought it directly from the respected AP modder, I mean I am not accusing anyone for anything, but I was just curious to know if more than 2 months was a normal waiting time for an AP replica.

I asked him one time then he told me not to ask again and he will let me know when he gets it.

aarvin2

INMATE
17/8/21
I've not had to wait so long for a watch before. Usually the QC process and shipping is a breeze. Of course, If you've gotten it from one of the trusted dealers on RWI, rest assured, you will receive your watch in due time. I've heard of factory raids recently, so I'm not surprised that some orders are delayed. You should be more concerned if you purchased it from a dealer elsewhere, that is not part of RWI TD list.

I can confirm that I bought from a trusted modder who is very well respected here. I asked him once more than 1 month ago, and he asked me to please not bother him again but that the order was placed.

WatchGoblin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/10/21
Hi everyone I am very new to the Rep Watch sector, I asked the help of a famous and respected rep to order an AP replica and to mod it.

It's been more than 2 months now, and still no news from my order and QC.

Is it normal that it takes more than 2 months to get a QC?

Thank you very much for your help

Ive never had to wait that long. Never ordered an AP rep but my last Sub took 2 weeks from the day of ordering to be delivered, 2 days from ordering I had QC pics/video.

Sent from the RWI App

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Well, this is probably not your standard rep order - but it seems there's a bit of modding involved.

This can take some time, even 1-3 months i think. If it's a respected and trusted modder, just sit back and relax. You will get the watch. The waiting game is part of this hobby - and sourcing a specific model plus modding is not as easy or quick as it may sound.

When it comes to standard rep orders from a TD, i usually don't have to wait longer than a day from my inital mail to receiving qc pics. But then again - if you're just starting out, you will have to find a TD that's on your wavelength. It's a lot like in real life: with some people the communication is good, with others it's not so good.

It's kinda learning by doing. If you love this hobby, you'll get along :)

Reactions: aarvin2

aarvin2

INMATE
17/8/21
Well, this is probably not your standard rep order - but it seems there's a bit of modding involved.

This can take some time, even 1-3 months i think. If it's a respected and trusted modder, just sit back and relax. You will get the watch. The waiting game is part of this hobby - and sourcing a specific model plus modding is not as easy or quick as it may sound.

When it comes to standard rep orders from a TD, i usually don't have to wait longer than a day from my inital mail to receiving qc pics. But then again - if you're just starting out, you will have to find a TD that's on your wavelength. It's a lot like in real life: with some people the communication is good, with others it's not so good.

It's kinda learning by doing. If you love this hobby, you'll get along :)

Thanks for the clarification and sharing your experience "Itto". Being used to buying and getting my stuff straight away I was a bit confused about the time it was taking, plus the modder was pretty shockingly aggressive and left me wondering if all of that was normal practice here.

But it corresponds well to what you said :)

ChronoKitsune

Known Member
11/10/21
Down Under
Well, I am two weeks in, waiting for my QC. The TD said 2-3 weeks, some others say that it **can** take 4-5 weeks to get QC from that TD. 2 months is quite long, I would start asking questions about the status of the watch, or a swap / refund.

Reactions: Mike664968

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
For a regular non modded watch with a service its been a month and luckly its been shipped. So if you have any modifications I say YES it can take that long. Of they have to wait over month just to get the watch plus do the modification, it makes sense to most people. Custom orders always take time but usually are worth the wait. Plus for getting a rep discount compared to gen its worth the wait.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Who is this modder?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Firstly, the OP has made it clear that he ordered his watch from a respected modder NOT from a TD. Let's get that out of the way.

Secondly, you're going about this the right way by asking for advice so kudos to you.

The question I would have, since you are doing an AP mod, is the factory and model that you selected. If it's a ZF then it will take some time because not many are available anymore and likely the modder would insist on a good QC. If it's a 15400/15500 or the always desirable 15202 then it might take really long. Li from JTime has indicated the wait is at least 2 months and many of his customers are still waiting for a QC.

As you probably know, these are unprecedented times in the rep watch world, where raids had been persistent since late 2020 and the good factories are pretty much gone.

If your modder is well respected as you said, then it will be done and the wait will be worth it ;)

Reactions: aarvin2

aarvin2

INMATE
17/8/21
Firstly, the OP has made it clear that he ordered his watch from a respected modder NOT from a TD. Let's get that out of the way.

Secondly, you're going about this the right way by asking for advice so kudos to you.

The question I would have, since you are doing an AP mod, is the factory and model that you selected. If it's a ZF then it will take some time because not many are available anymore and likely the modder would insist on a good QC. If it's a 15400/15500 or the always desirable 15202 then it might take really long. Li from JTime has indicated the wait is at least 2 months and many of his customers are still waiting for a QC.

As you probably know, these are unprecedented times in the rep watch world, where raids had been persistent since late 2020 and the good factories are pretty much gone.

If your modder is well respected as you said, then it will be done and the wait will be worth it ;)

Hi Weezkid! Indeed it's a 15202.

Thank you very much for your explanation and clarification. I'm totally new here and the modder was being obnoxiously aggressive and threatening for no reason and I didn't understand what on earth was happening. (A few other people reported the same thing to me)

I mean a simple "witten once" copy and paste text could have been dispatched to all the clients to explain what's happening, so that newbies know how it works.

Anyways, now that I know the situation i'll just be patient and wait for the mod to be done, thanks again for your time mate!

watchchris

7/7/06
Conus
I had to wait two months during the spring. But Raids were going on and I was not even sure I would get any watch back then. I waited until the fall and it looks like things are getting back to normal.
But that is from trusted dealers, just in case you might look there.

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
I just ordered a 5726 from Hont, nowhere in a hurry but let's see how long it takes. Seems all TDs take much longer to respond nowadays.

halo3

Known Member
1/5/21
I had to wait two months during the spring. But Raids were going on and I was not even sure I would get any watch back then. I waited until the fall and it looks like things are getting back to normal.
But that is from trusted dealers, just in case you might look there.

Idk if things are back to normal, some factories cant get parts because the Coal shortage

aarvin2

INMATE
17/8/21
Updates guys, I finally got the QC pics, I even stopped counting days since it wasn't going to change anything anyways :)

To my pleasant surprise this morning I received the pics as promised by the modder.

So yeah, more than 3 months, but from the information I got, it was because of raids and production issues ... so if there are other newbies out there in my situation, don't panic :)

Last edited: