• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just arrived direct order from Phong, what do you guys think?

HollywoodQuiet

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
30/4/21
Just arrived direct order from Phong, what do you guys think?
I ordered this directly. He made it in 2 days and I had it in less than 1 week from my order.
I wanted to make a copy of a prototype 5513 with the HEV
I also just bought a timegrapher. I thought I had the movement set to 0/+1, but overnight it gained 2 seconds. While this is really good, I expect this is just a break in period?

I really like the quality. The bi-directional bezel locks into place after being depressed to spin it, the crown threads in smoothly with lots of engagement, it feels gen to me.

Reactions: j21

HollywoodQuiet

Banned
30/4/21
I also have 2 Rolojack builds that are due to arrive any day now. :)

HollywoodQuiet

Banned
30/4/21
jmiUSb.jpg

no brand eta clone.
Dial up +0/+1
dial down +2
crown down +11!
crown up +9

so yeah, not a chronometer movement I guess

Last edited:

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Hi.I am thinking seriously for his 6263 complete case,maybe you have asked and know the price of it? Thanks

HollywoodQuiet

Banned
30/4/21
I did not ask abut the 6263.
I do see that many people claim to get better prices than he lists, but I paid $2050 with an extra crystal for this ETA based build.
He is super busy. He quoted me $8500 for a 1675 with gen 1570 movement, even though his site says $7,500 (which is still too much for me)
I just bought a 1675 with gen 1570 for less than 1/2 that last week.

Last edited:

HollywoodQuiet

Banned
30/4/21
I'm pretty new to this so I am learning as I go. Just got the watch timer 2 days ago.
I've learned that I much prefer the attention to detail and better functionality of the more expensive builds (go figure)
I ordered a few cheaper watches from a TD, but to me they felt fake, this one feels gen. I've had a number of gen rolex in the past. DJ, subs, SD.

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Phong asks insane prices for his stuff.

Nice 5513 but in regards to his other stuff, you can ask a modder here to source and build you the same or better quality for less.

His vintage patek stuff is another story though....

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
TBH is a lot of money for an ETA build when the case in my opinion needs to be re-done. The lugs are too fat, I can't see any sign of decent chamfering, the crown guards needs to be re shaped, I would be keen to see the side profile of the CGs to see the underside of the CGs to see if it needs re-work.

I would say you could spend around $1400 with trip dog and you get a better result and use the money saved to top up on a gen fat font insert.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Can you please elaborate ?

Do you mean that his vintage PP stuff are also insane priced (they are) but Phong is the only one in the current scene that can build a vintage Patek ?

His parts are overpriced by 2-3x and the vintage patek stuff you could just buy the parts from him and get a movement and it’ll be 1/4 the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
What’s wrong with +2 overnight. Lol. Cosc allows +6/day for chronometer certification and to be fair + 10/day isn’t bad either.
I never get why people want iPhone accurate on a supposedly 30year old mechanical watch.

Anyway what do you think of the hour hand. Most other rep hands are ugly. Phong actually has a curved Mercedes hour hand but doesn’t always use it. Not sure what one you’ve got on your build.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI