• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I just bought my first Rolex Submariner

alok87

Known Member
4/12/17
I am really new in the replica watch world and after receiving a Tag Carerra CV2010 for my birthday.. I wanted a cheap daily beater to preserve my gen Tag watch.

I was trying to buy a $80 Submariner with sapphire crystal/automatic but then I heard the $10 chinese movement in them breaks after a few weeks so I was close to ordering a $200 one from InTime06 when Ryan highly recommend the ZF version 3 with 904L stainless steel. He said it’s almost perfect and had it on sale for special price of $475 shipped.

https://www.intime06.co/rollie/7378...on-black-dial-on-904l-ss-bracelet-vr3135.html

when I took it into a Rolex authorized seller, they immediately knew it was fake because the metal was too shiny and bezel reflection was off.

what is the point of buying $500 clones if an employee could spot it far away?

How do I know my watch has 904L stainless steel? The employee immediately noticed the metal looked different

How does the quality of $100 Rolex compare to the $400-$500 clones from InTime?

what am I really paying 5x more for?

I am not obsessive with small engravings and how my watch ticks but want something that looks close to real so am I better off getting 5 watches from DHgate or one watch from Intime?

I refuse to wear watches with faux chronograph so definitely not buying any chrono watches from DHgate

alok87

Known Member
4/12/17
You walked into AD showing off your replica.

Way to go bro.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

my parents own a jewelry store so its a longtime customer of of theirs

he sizes all my watches... he did say its a decent clone

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Not all people you meet on the street will be Rolex AD so I wouldn't worry too much for being spotted in the future...

You should stay away from Rolex stores though :)

Nice Tag Heuer by the way. I think Brad Pitt promoted that model back in the days lol

82ec56b56f979aaddbe44391eb164e55.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: P..DR..D

alok87

Known Member
4/12/17
Not all people you meet on the street will be Rolex AD so I wouldn't worry too much for being spotted in the future...

You should stay away from Rolex stores though :)

Nice Tag Heuer by the way. I think Brad Pitt promoted that model back in the days lol

82ec56b56f979aaddbe44391eb164e55.jpg

I am in my 30's so I definitely see more younger guys wearing Tag over Omega or any other luxury watch brand...

I feel every 20-30 year old guy breaks the ice with Tag and slowly moves up to Omega/Rolex

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
You have been here since 2017 and wasnt aware of this ?

F)The following categories are grounds for instant banning:
4) no stories about reps to AD's, if you do it, we don't want to hear about it. We do not encourage these types of activities.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I'm not walking into Hï Ibiza so that I can find out how good looking I am. I will likely try McDonalds or a local restaurant, I have a better chance of not being disappointed.

You are best to stick with genuine watches. For the rest of us, 99.9% of our interactions with the public don't involve handing over our fake watch to a rolex dealer.

alok87

Known Member
4/12/17
first, what's the point of creating a new members area if newbies can't get any breaks for ignorance/asking stupid questions

secondly, making the assumption that I joined a few years ago and know the forum etiquette??... really?? did it ever occur to you that maybe I thought about a replica and never took it seriously...

Reactions: aarvin2

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
my parents own a jewelry store so its a longtime customer of of theirs

he sizes all my watches... he did say its a decent clone

I’m assuming that you told the AD (or they already knew) the watch was a replica before they handled it. I’m not so sure they knew because “the bezel reflection was off.” As to the legitimacy of the 904 steel, there are members who have tested it on some watches and it was legit. There was also some testing done by a TD and they found some was, and some was not, really 904. It depended on the factory. You can search for the threads. The fact that the watch was “too shiny” has to do with how the steel was polished. It can be corrected. As to the $100 rep, it would be a total piece of shit.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
first, what's the point of creating a new members area if newbies can't get any breaks for ignorance/asking stupid questions

secondly, making the assumption that I joined a few years ago and know the forum etiquette??... really?? did it ever occur to you that maybe I thought about a replica and never took it seriously...

Its no assumption you joined a few years ago
And seeing as you are not banned yet , id say you are getting a break ...

Stops

Known Member
13/12/09
EU
Just because he joined then doesn't mean he was active on the forum the whole time

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Would the OP be rude enough to park a fibreglass kit car Dino on a Ferarri dealer's forecourt?
It's just damn rude and draws attention to pour hobby and mate, you ain't new, you've been here for years.

dex911

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/12/18
really toxic community here why you just not try to help him giving some clear direction... me suggestion is look for a daytona noob for working chrono there is a post where noob vs arf i shown in details.

alok87

Known Member
4/12/17
Why does everyone look at a registration date as something that is indicative of me knowing anything about replica watches.. I registered a long time ago because I wanted to find out if they made rep Tag Carerra watches years ago… then I bought an Apple Watch and stopped caring.. I came back because I fell in love with my gen Tag Carerra and wanted to make sure the website I used was legit..
Code: