• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First TD order: Submariner 114060 No Date

aporb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/19
Good day everyone!

I just placed my first TD order on RWI with Reg/Narikaa for his infamous "regmariner" or Submariner 114060 No Date. E-mailed him on 22 March for getting on his mailing list and to ask a few questions. After a bit of back and forth, with him providing answers and feedback, I placed an order for his regmariner.

Ordered & Paid: 24 March
Shipped: 25 March (via Thai Post to the US)

Looking forward to when this comes in. I know patience is key here. I have a U1 Sub on order as well so would love to see how the two compare before I mod it into a fantasy milsub homage. I believe they both have the same DG2813 movement but from what I have read, that's where the similarities end.

Thanks Reg for your great service and quick shipping!

I will update the this post with pics once it is in.

Edit: Here's what I got for those wondering: https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-dfrB6k/

Last edited:
Reactions: HomeRye

daktari6

Looking Around
22/1/15
Hope you have as good experience as I did with these.

Got two identical regmariners November 2018 (one for myself and one for the graduating son). Both work flawlessly and look great 19 months later other than normal some scratches on the clasp (my dads authentic sub looks the same). Mine is almost daily wear because I love it so much and it gets clunked around quite a bit as I do most of my own home repairs, etc.. These are durable. My sons is only worn on occasions but we did have to have it serviced to reattach one of the interior pearl dots that came loose. Not a big deal and I suspect a college guy puts the watch through it's paces on party nights so that might have happened with an authentic watch as well.

Mine is 1 minute fast every 48 hours.

Reg is professional to a flaw - he will not mince words nor waste time on niceties even if it's your first time dealing with the particulars of purchase/shipping a rep watch.

Reactions: Elno38 and HomeRye

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Hope you have as good experience as I did with these.

Got two identical regmariners November 2018 (one for myself and one for the graduating son). Both work flawlessly and look great 19 months later other than normal some scratches on the clasp (my dads authentic sub looks the same). Mine is almost daily wear because I love it so much and it gets clunked around quite a bit as I do most of my own home repairs, etc.. These are durable. My sons is only worn on occasions but we did have to have it serviced to reattach one of the interior pearl dots that came loose. Not a big deal and I suspect a college guy puts the watch through it's paces on party nights so that might have happened with an authentic watch as well.

Mine is 1 minute fast every 48 hours.

Reg is professional to a flaw - he will not mince words nor waste time on niceties even if it's your first time dealing with the particulars of purchase/shipping a rep watch.

Thanks for this - I'm on the list as well with Reg to get one his subs once supply opens up again. Been going back and forward between getting one from him or a Noob or ARF, but decided to just go with him. I've just bought a Black Bay 58 on a M2M sale this week, so that should be arriving after the weekend and my first foray into Reps - and I expect a Regmariner to be my second.

JustWandering

18/9/16
HomeRye congrats on the first rep. The 58 is a great start. The regmariner won't disappoint in bang-for-buck when you're starting out. You will keep your first sub regardless what you go with. The hobby will pull you in and before you know it and you will have a Noob, ARF and Franken. Whereabouts in Scotland are you? I'm an ex pat down under.

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
HomeRye congrats on the first rep. The 58 is a great start. The regmariner won't disappoint in bang-for-buck when you're starting out. You will keep your first sub regardless what you go with. The hobby will pull you in and before you know it and you will have a Noob, ARF and Franken. Whereabouts in Scotland are you? I'm an ex pat down under.

Stirling region - so pretty central.

I’m already being tempted to perhaps go for Noob V8s given they are pretty cheap - but of course, it’s not ‘that’ much more for a ZZF V2 or an ARF :)

Been enjoying wearing the BB58 since it arrived - lovely size of watch and I’m glad I got it. I almost bought the Gen last year but couldn’t find any local dealers with one to try out. I might sell this though once a Sub arrives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: JustWandering

aporb

10/9/19
So unfortunately I have still not received this watch. It was returned to sender the day before they stopped shipping out of Thailand. I have been in communication with Reg and just two days ago he told me that shipping has started again to some countries. So he is having it shipped to the UK and then onto me in the US.

In the 2.5 months since I placed the order I picked up a V8s LN with date from Li at JTime. It came in within 2-3 weeks of ordering and I am definitely enjoying it. Looking forward to the no-date from Reg though. I was not very happy with the DHGate one I picked up at the beginning of the year. I ended up getting a sterile vintage dial and gilt hands to give it a more unique look.

aporb

10/9/19
Just a quick update: This watch was finally delivered around the end of July. I wore it for a bit and then used it as a basis for a couple mods. First I tried fitting a Seagull 2130 in there with a Raffles dial and hands. Unfortunately the extra spacing in the case just kept causing issues as the hour hand would jump around randomly. I decided to switch it out with a Seagull 1612 movement that is similar to the DG2813 movement that comes in there but has the bidirectional winding similar to the Seiko NH35. Also attempted a bezel insert mod with some "platinum" paint.

FAGwc0b.jpg

Reactions: MoCo