• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1st purchase from Reg

AnianPT

Horology Curious
1/11/17
Hey all,

I'm about to make my first purchase from Reg. The reason for my post is related to shipping and customs.

I'll have my rep shipped to France, and the customs here are very strict with reps and goods of the sort. I asked Reg for triangulate shipping through UK or other European country, and his answer was that to France it is not needed, that shipment directly from Thailand is okay.

Is anyone up to pair with this? Why would it be any different from Thailand than from any other Asian country? I don't want by no means to questions the TD authority in the matter, but I also want to avoid customs seizure by all costs.

Thanks in advance.
​​​

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Anything coming out of china is suspicious, coming from Thailand it will be OK, Reg has been selling watches for a very long time so he knows what's safe and what isn't.

AnianPT

Horology Curious
1/11/17
That's fair, and as I stated, I absolutely didn't want to question Reg's authority here.

Most of all just wanted to check if any other mates for the forum had any experiencing with shipping to France. This country's customs scare me man.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
That's fair, and as I stated, I absolutely didn't want to question Reg's authority here.

Most of all just wanted to check if any other mates for the forum had any experiencing with shipping to France. This country's customs scare me man.

As I said, Thailand - France will be OK. .

China - France is not OK.

Reactions: AnianPT