• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buyer Review Narikaa, Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moonwatch"

Roger86

Horology Curious
19/2/19
Hi All,
This was my first order through RWI’s trusted dealers.
I had a very good experience with Narikaa.
The Omega Speedmaster Professional “Moonwatch” is a classic. This one comes with an quartz movement. And because a change in the postal regulations in Thailand it couldn’t be sent with the battery.
As a noob I couldn’t fit it in myself.. Narikaa offered to solve it by fitting it in himself in the UK before sending it forward. Great service offcourse!

Orderd: 22 februari
Paid: 22 februari (paypall)
Sent: 6 march (due to travel and battery issues)
Received: 10 march

The quality is amazing, i fitted it with a perlon strap from Aliexpress to make it look less formal.
Hope you enjoyed my buyer review!

Reactions: Caesar

Cr4sholo

Looking Around
8/9/16
Do you have photos of the speed?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

Roger86

Horology Curious
19/2/19
WoW.. didnt see that little detail... makes it one of a kind then ;-)

Neverandy

Horology Curious
21/7/18
I think Stan(WBK) has this one as well in his inventory. This goes along with the no-date Subs that say "Oyster Perpetual Date" on the dial. But if I had to QC watches with Chinese Characters on the dials, I probably would make HUGE mistakes as well.
This has a Quartz movement, can you go into detail on how it runs? Do all the subdials work? Is this the Seiko movement that some of the Daytonas have? I have a Gen Seamaster Pro and I've always wanted a Speedy, but right now Reps are the only thing in my range.

Ben Jewel

Looking Around
14/10/18
Kildare, Ireland
Hi Guys,

I received a similar watch from Reg on Thursday its the co-axial Speedmaster with 2 subdials. The dial reads Seamaster on the dial but Speedmaster is emblazoned on the back along with the Seahorse, apart from this and a cheap strap the look and finish of the watch are impressive and represents great value for the price paid. (£83)

Reg told me about the situation with Thai Post and batteries when ordering the watch which was not a problem for me, the movement is a Seiko VK which REG calls a microstepper with a sweeping second hand, but the watch I bought does not have a second hand as the centre seconds hand is actually the chrono second hand (same as the gen), the left sub dial is the chrono minute hand and the right sub dial is the 24 hour clock. I have a Superocean from Reg and a Tag from Hontwatch with the VT movements (3 subdials with seconds at 6).

The Seiko VK has been around for a couple of years and is pretty reliable but is prone to problems with the crown & stem but its an interesting movement known as a mecaquartz which uses the main quartz movement to power the watch and the mechanical mechanism running the chronograph which gives a nice sweeping action to the chrono second hand.

Reactions: Roger86

Roger86

Horology Curious
19/2/19
1QQ0Y.jpg
1QBPs.jpg
1Qp5D.jpg

Hi Guys,

Here is my update after exactly one year having the Omega Speedmaster Professional from Narikaa.

the watch runs great!

besides the fact that the dial says seamaster in instead of Speedmaster the watch is great looking at price vs quality.

i never have to use the crown because the time runs perfectly on its VK Quartz movement (battery powered :)

only thing is that the size 44mm x 17mm is a bit big for my taste but that is more a personal thing.

I included some pics

grtz Roger

Last edited:

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
1QQ0Y.jpg
1QBPs.jpg
1Qp5D.jpg

Hi Guys,

Here is my update after exactly one year having the Omega Speedmaster Professional from Narikaa.

the watch runs great!

besides the fact that the dial says seamaster in instead of Speedmaster the watch is great looking at price vs quality.

i never have to use the crown because the time runs perfectly on its VK Quartz movement (battery powered :)

only thing is that the size 44mm x 17mm is a bit big for my taste but that is more a personal thing.

I included some pics

grtz Roger

I have a similar watch - it is a 44 mm speedmaster moonwatch running with Seiko VK. It is slightly different compared with these photos - it shows “speedmaster” (not seamaster) and numbers on the 3 subdials are different - same as on the 44 mm gen - https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-o...31130445001002. But it doesn’t have a glass back like a gen but rather metal one. Also the front glass - saphire is different - like on attached photos which is different compared with gen. Anyone has an idea which factory makes these 44 mm reps with 3 subdials and Seiko VK movement? (I bought mine from WBK TD)

Last edited: