• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Movement opinions

Riker1968

Known Member
8/8/20
Hi new to this and getting confused, I’ve purchased a watch and it has this movement
Asian SuperClone 3135 Automatic Movement at 28800 vph

can I get some opinions if I should go for it or pick another
Thanks

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Your post is too short of useful information for anyone to help. There are numerous movements that fit that general description. You need to include a link to the watch.

Also, why did you decide to buy it and then ask for advice afterwards?

Reactions: Rx4Time

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
As Hor-Fan says, the SA3135 doesn't have a great reputation. But you might get lucky, and yours will go on working for years without any issues. It's a lot of watch for the price, and a great rep, and the alternative (if you want a DeepSea with a better movement) is going to cost a lot more.

If it was me, I'd stick with it. And if the movement does eventually crap out, you could simply replace it with a better movement for considerably less than the cost of upgrading the watch to a more expensive version.

Reactions: Riker1968

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I didn't realize they were equipped with self-destruct mechanisms.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
As stated in the linked article above, opinions vary, which isn’t surprising given that these watches are all Chinese made, illegal counterfeit goods, put together by cheap labour in less than ideal conditions. I’ve had three watches with SA3135 movements and no trouble from them whatsoever. By coincidence, the only 3135 movement that I own that has problems (won’t hand wind) is in an ARF v2 DSSD - and it’s an SH3135. My takeaway from this is you might as well bag a bargain and take your chances - knowing that the movement can always be replaced, for less than the cost of upgrading the order to a watch with a “better” movement (which, like mine, may also crap out).