• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DG 2813 movement disassembly and assembly

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19
Hello fam,

I found this tutorial of a dg2813 movement’s disassemble and assemble for noobs like me who are just starting out into repairs and modding.

Thought id share. Sorry if it was already posted

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
The general advice is that the 2813 is a bad choice for practicing on because a) it's got areas that are way more fragile/fiddly than is good for anyone's sanity, and are likely to put a beginner right off the idea of working on a movement, and b) the 2813 is designed to be effectively disposable - they're so cheap it isn't worth the hassle involved in trying to fix one.

The Starking watch that is featured in the video was on sale last year for $15 or something silly like that - so members here were snapping them up to get a stock of spare movements, protected by a handy free watch! :)

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19
The general advice is that the 2813 is a bad choice for practicing on because a) it's got areas that are way more fragile/fiddly than is good for anyone's sanity, and are likely to put a beginner right off the idea of working on a movement, and b) the 2813 is designed to be effectively disposable - they're so cheap it isn't worth the hassle involved in trying to fix one.

The Starking watch that is featured in the video was on sale last year for $15 or something silly like that - so members here were snapping them up to get a stock of spare movements, protected by a handy free watch! :)

Yeah i learnt that haha and some members here guided me not to go towards there.
i was gonna comment the same about it but im like im just a noob so id rather not say anything haha.

damn 15$ from where?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Aliexpress. Out of curiosity I went there after posting above, to see what sort of deals they currently have. I didn't see any as cheap as $15, but there's still some great deals if you just want to have movements/watches to mess about with. I would assume that these are 2813 (someone cleverer than me might confirm whether they are). Also this one at $18, with hand wind skeleton movement.

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19
The skeleton looks too complicated haha. I’ll check the dg2813 ones maybe for parts. 15$ was a crazy price