• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

4130 movement

gsauto

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
26/11/19
hello!
I have a question about 4130 movement:

Do you where I can find list of all part oh the movement?
for example : 4130-100, 4130-110,140
thank you

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
8622b575ec9d9067e5f4c028e1838f85.plist
042b01ab264ca9bbb288f5ad738f2ec2.plist
68bcb5d920f572adbd799fa280e04be9.plist
8123b799ca43f896543fc77904519f30.plist
c96d36f6eb446c746f6d4e88f337fb74.plist
468cf5c7aefcaef36dca30f4a6664392.plist
93d16fce50ff1b31a19971b1d51a39d9.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsauto

INMATE
26/11/19
Thank you very much !

gsauto

INMATE
26/11/19
Hello again,
if I want to build a 4130 movement very very close to original or like original movement, can I use replica part from noob movement, or is it better to use 100% genuine part?

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Hello again,
if I want to build a 4130 movement very very close to original or like original movement, can I use replica part from noob movement, or is it better to use 100% genuine part?

noob's is almost 1:1, if you want to make a "perfect" copy, you should get noob's movement and replace hairspring, balance bridge, and if you wanna go overboard replace the upper automatic module and bridge (the engraved parts)

gsauto

INMATE
26/11/19
Ok but if I replace all this part and show the movement to a Rolex watchmaker, will he understand that the movement is copy?

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
Ok but if I replace all this part and show the movement to a Rolex watchmaker, will he understand that the movement is copy?

Yes bro

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Why would you even consider doing that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsauto

INMATE
26/11/19
Today it’s impossible to have a genuine Daytona.
so I am looking for on how to have it with raisonnable price.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Today it’s impossible to have a genuine Daytona.
so I am looking for on how to have it with raisonnable price.
Okay, I guess we all have that desire to a greater or lesser degree, which is why we're here. Personally, I've gone about as far as I want to: I bought a Noob V2.2 and an ARF V.2 panda, and I got them combined by a watchsmith, who fitted the ARF dial, crystal and bezel to the Noob. He shaved the crystal gasket and serviced the 4130 movement.

This effectively results in the best looking rep version currently available. And it works exactly like the real thing. And just to remind myself of what a feat Noob pulled off with their 4130, I've just added a display caseback to the watch so I can take a peek at the movement.

So, I've done all this in order to get a good looking Daytona rep. But I would never expect to fool a Rolex watchsmith that what I've got is a gen! Nor would I expect or care whether anyone else looking at my watch considered it to be genuine or not.

The best way to approach this hobby is with the desire to satisfy yourself. Because really - no one else knows or cares about what you're wearing on your wrist. :)

gsauto

INMATE
26/11/19
My idea was to buy a noob or arf replica and put inside genuine movement.
About exterior aspect, is the noob or the arf closer than genuine?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
The Noob is the one that already has a "true" clone movement, so its case would accommodate a gen movement. The ARF has the a7750 movement, which isn't a clone. The internal dimensions of the case are different, so it won't accommodate a gen movement (as far as I know - but I'm by no means an expert on the subject).

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think

idk man, this whole thing stinks.

Are you trying to pass it as genuine in order to sell it as genuine? i can't really see any other reason for your questions about the rolex watchsmith.

There is no reason to put in a genuine movement, Noob's movement is already amazing, like, for real, i could understand if you wanted to replace the balance bridge an hairspring, but the whole movement? seems like a waste of thousands of dollars.
Get a Noob, don't change anything inside, and buy a genuine speedmaster with the money that you just saved

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
idk man, this whole thing stinks.

Are you trying to pass it as genuine in order to sell it as genuine? i can't really see any other reason for your questions about the rolex watchsmith.
Let's not jump to conclusions regarding the OP's motives for the enquiry - although I agree that it's hard not to take this view when someone suggests they're interested in whether a franken would fool a Rolex employee...

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Let's not jump to conclusions regarding the OP's motives for the enquiry - although I agree that it's hard not to take this view when someone suggests they're interested in whether a franken would fool a Rolex employee...

Sure, let's not jump to conclusions, i meant that, after a couple of "experienced" members explained the quality of noob's clone and the reason why it's not necessary to put in 3k+ worth of gen movement inside of it, i see no other reason why one would insist in doing so.

there really is no reason to change the movement, unless someone wants to fool a rolex watchsmith lol

But still, there are many tells from the outside that one should work on, before worrying about the movement inside.

Reactions: p0pperini

gsauto

INMATE
26/11/19
A genuine mouvement it’s approximately 5k€.
if I change the part to have a perfect copy it will cost 2k€. So I prefer to add 3k€ and have genuine movement. Today a genuine Daytona cost 20k€ so for about 6k€ I can have it.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
if I change the part to have a perfect copy it will cost 2k€. So I prefer to add 3k€ and have genuine movement. Today a genuine Daytona cost 20k€ so for about 6k€ I can have it.

No you can’t. You will have a rep with a genuine movement and the rest is rep. I don’t understand your need for a genuine movement. It’s absolutely not necessary.

Reactions: p0pperini

gsauto

INMATE
26/11/19
I recently bought a gmt master 2 from noob.
movement works 2 weeks.
for me it’s more important movement than rest.
i want a watch working for years.
i don’t Want to go every time to watchmaker

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think

Or you could get a daytona rep, leave the clone movement alone, and buy a genuine explorer 2 full set with the 5k that you are saving. It's so much of a wiser choice.

It's cool if you wanna do it anyways, but remember that you will still have a 6k replica, is it worth it? depends on you. But it will always remain a replica.

There is no effective "pro" in changing the movement to gen, performances are the same, functionality as well, feeling too. why would you change it? is there a particular reason?
Only because you want to "feel" that you have a genuine movement inside? Then, ask yourself is that feeling is worth 5k, because you could get a whole genuine rolex for 5k, and then have a rolex daytona rep for 650$