• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona 116500LN ARF V2 - Second Hand Not Sweeping

liveralone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/9/19
US
Hey guys, just received my first ever replica purchased from sead1999. Aesthetically, the watch is perfect. I have an authentic one as well and cannot believe how good this replica is. It's mind boggling.

However, the second hand on the Daytona sub-dial is extremely skippy/jumpy. It almost comes across as a quartz movement in some areas.

Any recommendations? Should I request an exchange? Is this something that will iron itself out if I let the watch run/sit a little?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

alfonzo

25/7/19
I would guess because it is the ARF moment. Only the Noob has the A4130 that is a almost 1-1 clone of the Caliber 4130.

liveralone

22/9/19
US
I would guess because it is the ARF moment. Only the Noob has the A4130 that is a almost 1-1 clone of the Caliber 4130.

Yeah, I know the movement on the Noob is superior, but the sub dial second hand movement looks like its struggling, and ticking inconsistently. When I use the chronograph hand, it sweeps perfectly. Strange. I sent sead1999 a video and he is looking into it. I'll keep you guys posted.

Watch is aesthetically beautiful though.

jE3CX.jpg

Last edited:

liveralone

22/9/19
US
After sending a video, sead1999 confirmed it should not behave like that. Something might have shifted during shipping in the movement. I am sending it to a repair contact he shared and they will see if it’s a quick fix. If not, he will send a new one. Will keep everyone posted on the progress.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Hey guys, just received my first ever replica purchased from sead1999. Aesthetically, the watch is perfect. I have an authentic one as well and cannot believe how good this replica is. It's mind boggling.

However, the second hand on the Daytona sub-dial is extremely skippy/jumpy. It almost comes across as a quartz movement in some areas.

Any recommendations? Should I request an exchange? Is this something that will iron itself out if I let the watch run/sit a little?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Remember, there is a geartrain to move the running seconds hand to the 6 o'clock position. There is some play between each one so you can get somewhat choppy movement from the seconds hand. Some are worse than others. This is not a indication of a movement issue and overall the ARF is a phenomenal replica. How bad is it? Can you post a video?

liveralone

22/9/19
US
For anyone interested, I sent the watch over to sead1999's repair shop. they took a look at it and are not sure what is causing it. He is sending me a new watch. Overall, the communication and service has been great from sead1999. It is just unfortunate that it's taking so long to wear the Daytona!

liveralone

22/9/19
US
Now I got word it was fixed! Guess the watch is coming back after all. No word yet what the issue was.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
There's a gear train to move the running seconds hand to 6 o'clock. Could have been any of the gears not meshing properly. Glad it's fixed.

Reactions: liveralone

liveralone

22/9/19
US
So I was told there was some debris on the gear that needed a cleaning. It is now running smoothly but they are going to test it for a couple of days.