• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Making a noisy rotor run quieter and smoother - tips please

cmaster

6/9/13
As the headline says - has anyone got any tips on how to make a noisy rotor run quieter?
As it spins round it sounds really noisy.

Any easy tips at all for a novice?

Thank you

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Have you even tried searching?

I found at least five threads.

Last edited:

cmaster

6/9/13
Thanks. I found some great tutorials on here and YouTube. Had to buy a few bits and bobs (tiny weeny screwdrivers and the right oil and gasket grease). Hence it’s been a few weeks now.

So I’ve tried lightly oiling and greasing the bearings on the rotor and the movements still sound so tinny and rattly.

Any other ideas?

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I'm not being facetious, but maybe just get used to it? I have a lot of reps and some of the rotors in them are silent, some are so noisy I can hear the rotor whirling at arm's length. I'm used to it and consider it part of their character. It's not something that's exclusive to rep watches - it's just a "feature" of an automatic watch with a rotating rotor.

But anyway, if you shared more details about which factory, model and movement you're referring to, maybe you'll get some more specific advice about your watch.

Reactions: Rx4Time