• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Movement replacement | Orient President Day Date In-house movement to ETA 2834-2 | Is it do able?

ahmedyousufabdullah

Horology Curious
15/6/19
Hi Guys,

I have an Orient President Day Date watch and i am looking forward to replace the movement from In-house to ETA. Is it do able? what are the factors that i should be looking at in order to match the profile?

Appreciate your support.

Regards,

Ahmed.

FREEDDAWG

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/8/20
Btw recently I have moved house, so now I need a good dining set. Any advice?

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
Hello Ahmed,

Your Orient President uses a proprietary Japanese movement and the dial, day wheel, datewheel and hands are all matched to it. If you swap in a 2834-2 like you find in the Bulovas and Mido homages, you will need new hands, day wheel and datewheel at least. And possibly remove the dial feet to secure the dial to the movement. I am not sure of the position of date window on the Orient dial relative to the ETA datewheel position. Only a watchsmith can tell you for sure.

Since we are not talking about rep watches here, but homages, you should be able to take your watch to a reliable watchsmith and have him take a look at it. Even if he has a regular 28xx ETA movement and not a 2834, he can do a test fit of your dial to it, as the datewheel position on ETA 28xx movements is the same.

He can also give you an estimate on fixing your original movement, and it may turn out to be the least complicated option.

All the best, and if you do decide to swap in a 2834, do a write up here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NewInForum

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/20
First,

Last edited by a moderator: